National Hoodie Day

quoting from the article:

" Shenita McLean was representing Fight the Power, a Pan-African organization of students at the University at Buffalo, at the rally. She is from Buffalo's East Side and is pursuing a Ph.D. in physical anthropology. She said she has felt like a victim of racial profiling, particularly in suburban areas. "

you mean that feeling you get when you're passing through a neighborhood consisting of a majority of people of a different race and/or economic status than you, and you feel really out of place.....like you really stand out and everyone there notices you?

being a very pale person of Irish descent and working in Austin's east side, I am well acquainted with the feeling myself. maybe if I go protest, I can raise awareness and bring some common sense solutions to end this kind of bigotry, so I can go anywhere I want and never feel awkward or out of place again.

Although hoodies and silver ties both look horrible, they are in fact different things.

Whoa now. It does have pink paisley print on it, so it's all good.

Don't disparage the tie, you commie/terrorist/heathen/etc.

Some of the comments at the end of that article are beyond idiotic. My favorite is the mouth breather who argues that it is racist that the government has not issued reparations...

Edited by TheMadCap

Some of the comments at the end of that article are beyond idiotic. My favorite is the mouth breather who argues that it is racist that the government has not issued reparations...

...for 400+ years of slavery. Because slavery started with Colonial Jamestown.

How come no one ever demands the Arabs pay reparations to slaves? They're far more responsible for the slave trade than any Western culture.