The 30 Harshest musician on musician insults

Buftex

I know we have a lot of music snobs here, self included...thought there was some funny stuff in here...

http://flavorwire.com/200333/the-30-harshest-musician-on-musician-insults-in-history/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=flavorwire&utm_campaign=standard-post

My favorite...Nick Cave on Red Hot Chili Peppers:

“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the !@#$ is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Most of them were pretty amusing but this one caught my attention as actually being out of line.

Anton Newcombe on Eric Clapton

“People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a !@#$in’ ledge and write a song about it?”

that was brutal...but the others were very amusing to read...it's what makes rock & roll so good

Most of them were pretty amusing but this one caught my attention as actually being out of line.

“People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a !@#$in’ ledge and write a song about it?”

Yep, this one made me a little sick. I also am unaware of any John Lennon domestic abuse.

These two were my favorites:

24. Courtney Love on Dave Grohl

“As for that drummer, well, he’s hit on me so many times. He’s just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he ‘hates’ me more than ‘anyone else.’ Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist) … He’s just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this ‘nice guy’ nonsense.”

23. Dave Grohl on Courtney Love

“She’s an ugly !@#$ing B word.”

Who is she to talk about writing songs, since Cobain wrote all the decent Hole tunes. It's no coincidence that her band died when he did. Skank junkie whore.

Yep, this one made me a little sick. I also am unaware of any John Lennon domestic abuse.

Lennon copped to it...he had anger issues as a young man, and he hit his first wife Cynthia, more than once. She wrote a book about their marrage, and John was not particularly good to her. Perahps it is people being hopeless apologists for their idols, but Lennon was far from a perfect person, but he credited Yoko Ono for making him a better person and a better man...his failings as a human being, IMO, are part of the Lennon aura that always gave him more "street cred" than McCartney.

When Lennon sang about pain, it seemed more hearlfelt, because he had so many demons. To me, two of Lennon's greatest songs were "Yer Blues" and "Don't Let Me Down". Both are pretty simple sort of blues based songs, nothing too clever, but Lennons' personal torment bleeds through so much in the performances, that IMO, they are masterpieces. Paul could have written both of those songs, but they wouldn't have meant as much if he had sung them too.

McCartney, it seems, a fantastic songwriter as well (like I need to defend Paul McCartney), but seemed to have been a much more well-adjusted person, so songwriting was as much a craft for Paul, as it was a necessary means of communication for John.

Edited by Buftex

There are no "lines" in rock n'roll...or at least their shouldn't be.

That quote from Nick is golden. I am probably in a minority, here, but I second Mr. Newcombe's remarks on Clapton.

Whether you like Clapton or not, that remark was in extremely poor taste.

Lennon copped to it...he had anger issues as a young man, and he hit his first wife Cynthia, more than once. She wrote a book about their marrage, and John was not particularly good to her. Perahps it is people being hopeless apologists for their idols, but Lennon was far from a perfect person, but he credited Yoko Ono for making him a better person and a better man...his failings as a human being, IMO, are part of the Lennon aura that always gave him more "street cred" than McCartney.

When Lennon sang about pain, it seemed more hearlfelt, because he had so many demons. To me, two of Lennon's greatest songs were "Yer Blues" and "Don't Let Me Down". Both are pretty simple sort of blues based songs, nothing too clever, but Lennons' personal torment bleeds through so much in the performances, that IMO, they are masterpieces. Paul could have written both of those songs, but they wouldn't have meant as much if he had sung them too.

McCartney, it seems, a fantastic songwriter as well (like I need to defend Paul McCartney), but seemed to have been a much more well-adjusted person, so songwriting was as much a craft for Paul, as it was a necessary means of communication for John.

Thanks for the info and this is an awesome post. Incidentally, as soon as I woke up this morning through the time I'm writing this post, I've had the song, "Everybody's Got Something to Hide," in my head non-stop (not a bad thing at all!!!). What a great song and great catchphrase. Love it.

Sorry tex but that's just a downright silly thing to say.

Yeah, I am not implying that I agree with the offending comments about Clapton (I just think he is kind of dull), but at its' heart, rock'n' roll has always been about offending societal sensibitlites.

Generic Crapton

Like the Yardbirds, Cream, Derek & Dominoes...even some of his sort of "country" albums from the late 70's...but he is one of those artists, IMO, who was sort of ruined by the MTV explosion in the early 80's.

The death of any child always crosses the line regardless of the forum.

You might be offended by this...or you might chuckle a time or two... Tobias and Saul Goodman on MR Show...the "Teardrop Awards"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1mzDR3onnI

"I used to be cruel to my woman I beat her and kept her a part from the things that she loved. Man, I was mean. But I'm changing my scene. And I'm doing the best that I can."

Like the Yardbirds, Cream, Derek & Dominoes...even some of his sort of "country" albums from the late 70's...but he is one of those artists, IMO, who was sort of ruined by the MTV explosion in the early 80's.

You might be offended by this...or you might chuckle a time or two... Tobias and Saul Goodman on MR Show...the "Teardrop Awards"

Not offended at all. That was hilarious!!

"I used to be cruel to my woman I beat her and kept her a part from the things that she loved. Man, I was mean. But I'm changing my scene. And I'm doing the best that I can."

Nicely done... have to admit it's gettting bettter all the time...

Edited by Buftex

. Far from being dull. Watch him and jeff beck from ronnie scotts. Plus many others

Actually I did see that and was impressed. Clapton is hugely talented on the guitar. And Beck is endlessly inventive and weird in an entertaining way. I just feel like Clapton's body of recorded work is a terrible disappointment.

Actually I did see that and was impressed. Clapton is hugely talented on the guitar. And Beck is endlessly inventive and weird in an entertaining way. I just feel like Clapton's body of recorded work is a terrible disappointment.

. His latest two cd i dont care for. Others really like. 461 ocean blvd is great.