Considering the big "snip"...recommendations?

eball

So I'm in my 40s, not planning on any kids, and would really like to get my wife off the pill because it's just not healthy. Been reading up a bit and it sounds like there are two options -- traditional and "no scalpel."

For any of you out there who've had this done, I'd appreciate any recommendations regarding type of procedure. And if you happen to have a doctor referral in the Durham / Chapel Hill area, I'd like that as well.

Thanks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very simple and reversible thing to do. This is a safe and easy process, I know a couple of guys who got it and it was scary just b.c you don't want anything to happen to your boys. After a few days you will be back to normal.

Edited by EJ3

I dunno about "no" scalpel, but when mine was done probably 9 years ago, I got 2 small incisions (one on each side) thru which the tubes were pulled, cut, sealed off, and re-inserted. The local anaesthetic was worse than the actual thing, although you feel some pulling and you know what he's up to so that's still pretty nasty.

They can just implant birth control in your wife. Good for 10 years.

Sell it to her as a way to keep you faithful.

As long as the possibility exists that you could get someone else pregnant, that forces you to stay with her. Although you might rephrase that a bit before you try it out.

Mine was a little over a year ago. It was the "no scalpel." They make one very small cut and are able to finagle cutting both sides through that one incision. No stitches. The actual procedure took only about 15 minutes, but I can tell you that there were a couple brief moments of tremendous pain and discomfort. These only lasted a few seconds though as they smoosh stuff around to get the hole to line up right to make the second snip. I think my local anesthetic didn't work for me 100%, so it was not nearly as painless as advertised.

Definitely take the advice of two days off your feet to recover. The circumstances of my life made it so I had to do a bunch of crap on day two and that made my discomfort last longer (about a week or so).

Also, I had the weird but memorable experience of having my doctor actually stop for a second during the procedure and say "oh, schitt!" I told him that's not something a guy likes to hear during surgery on his balls. He apologized and said everything is ok. So it turned out fine for me, but I would not recommend this particular dr. to anyone, except maybe my douchebag boss.

Mine was a little over a year ago. It was the "no scalpel." They make one very small cut and are able to finagle cutting both sides through that one incision. No stitches. The actual procedure took only about 15 minutes, but I can tell you that there were a couple brief moments of tremendous pain and discomfort. These only lasted a few seconds though as they smoosh stuff around to get the hole to line up right to make the second snip. I think my local anesthetic didn't work for me 100%, so it was not nearly as painless as advertised.

Definitely take the advice of two days off your feet to recover. The circumstances of my life made it so I had to do a bunch of crap on day two and that made my discomfort last longer (about a week or so).

Also, I had the weird but memorable experience of having my doctor actually stop for a second during the procedure and say "oh, schitt!" I told him that's not something a guy likes to hear during surgery on his balls. He apologized and said everything is ok. So it turned out fine for me, but I would not recommend this particular dr. to anyone, except maybe my douchebag boss.

You work for Beerball?

On one side, the tube kept turtling and pulling back in making the doc keep fishing around for it. The nurse had a look on her face like "oh man you're gonna feel THAT in a few hours". Afterwords I was told I'd have more swelling and bruising than normal. I don't know what normal is, but I sure had some swelling and bruising.

You work for Beerball?

Not exactly. For Beerball, my recommendation would be to just jam his grundle into a garbage disposal and turn it on for about 45 seconds.

For these transgressions you shall be banished to the depths of hell. In other words I'm taking away your posting privileges in all forums except PPP.

For these transgressions you shall be banished to the depths of hell. In other words I'm taking away your posting privileges in all forums except PPP.

Ohhh... that's worse than getting snipped by jboyst using a pair of rusted gardening shears.

I had a friend who almost died from a vasectomy.

True story.

Good luck!!

(Okay--I'll give the full story-- bad infection after the surgery put him in the hospital for days and it was touch and go).

why does Beerball keep coming up? First his job. Now his love life...

Yea...I call bull ****. You're married and still having sex?

He might be telling the truth but I'll bet he has to double check the expiration date on the condoms. Box of 10 and they expire after two years so he'll have to throw away 7 of them.

I like this idea. Cross the line, you get a warning. Really cross the line, you get banned.

Really, REALLY cross the line...get thrown in the dungeon with me.

The procedure is a breeze; however, think long and hard (no pun intended) about the reasons for doing it (again, no pun...). If the wife says go ahead and we'll be free to make love more often, put your hands over your "whazisname" and step back quickly.