If you find youths vandalizing your home....

If it would not cost so much I would say just lock the kids up in prison the rest of their life. Game over, cancel christmas, close the kitchen. Those kids will never amount to crap in life.

I will not say what I would have done because if I ever get put in a situation I do not want it read back while I might be facing charges...

Richard Heely is the DA for the County.

315-946-5905

Call and leave a message. I will continue to look for an email address. I may pass this story along to other folks that will go after it more aggressively.

I still can't get over the gall of the dad.

"I understand they were in the wrong, but there are other ways to handle it," he said. "He (Daniels) knew who the kids were. It's not like they were strangers. And send the kids home and call the cops then. You don't sit there and torment them and tell them you're going to bash their skulls in with a hammer."

This guy comes in not to find shaving cream in the mail box and toilet paper on the house. He walks in to find the place ransacked with $40k worth of damage done. This pu$$y should thank this man for not beating his kid to a bloody pulp. This just runs all over me.

I still can't get over the gall of the dad.

Not sure why, but it reminds me of a scene from "Parenthood" when Steve Martin imagines his kid shooting people from a college clock tower, and while he's talking to his son over a megaphone, the son shoots the megaphone and his response is "Nice shot, son! It's important to be supportive."

http://youtu.be/Mn5ayQd7Y0Q

"I understand they were in the wrong, but there are other ways to handle it," he said. "He (Daniels) knew who the kids were. It's not like they were strangers. And send the kids home and call the cops then. You don't sit there and torment them and tell them you're going to bash their skulls in with a hammer."

No, you don't send them home and then call the cops. You lock them in a closet, then call the cops, then the cops come and see four kids with hammers and spray paint locked in a closet at the scene of the crime.

We had a couple of kids - and parents - like that in my neighborhood growing up. Series of B&E's, couple of arsons. Cops never could do anything about it, because it was homeowners' word against the kids, and the "My little angels would never do anything like that!" parents. If someone'd locked them in a closet and called the cops, maybe the older one wouldn't be doing ten years on drug trafficking charges somewhere in Florida.

I'm thinking this EWOC charge is a solid dismissal in the interests of justice, or an ass kicking of the DA in a jury trial.

I can see what a great visual and impression that these 8-10 year olds will have made not only with all the pictures of the damage, but the use of the "C" word will really endear them to the female jurors.

Edit: What am I thinking, I think Family Court cases a adjudicated by just a judge--I hope she's Judge Judy, having a flashback to her PMS days.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I can see what a great visual and impression that these 8-10 year olds will have made not only with all the pictures of the damage, but the use of the "C" word will really endear them to the female jurors.

Edit: What am I thinking, I think Family Court cases a adjudicated by just a judge--I hope she's Judge Judy, having a flashback to her PMS days.

Family Court is going to be limited in what it can do with the kids; they're just too young. My guess is that they'll likely get probation out of this.

The guy who is criminally charged is probably not going to jail, even if convicted. Unless the DA is going to drop the charges or give him an ACD, he really has no reason not to proceed towards trial. It's idiotic that he was even charged, and the people of Wayne County should reassess the DA's actions (and those in his office) in this case at re-election time.

As for Judge Judy... I had a client who went on that show for a matter related to the charge I represented him on (which BTW I got dismissed). It was interesting to watch, as I knew the backstory of the case.

Apparently they re-shot her questions to make his answers seem worse; he told me that she was not asking the questions while he was in front of her that were aired. He also told me that the producers were trying to tell him what to say,

I also happen to know an attorney who practiced in front of her way back when. Between the two, I have come to the conclusion that Judge Judy is a !@#$ing idiot.

Edited by Koko78

As for Judge Judy... I had a client who went on that show for a matter related to the charge I represented him on (which BTW I got dismissed). It was interesting to watch, as I knew the backstory of the case.

Apparently they re-shot her questions to make his answers seem worse; he told me that she was not asking the questions while he was in front of her that were aired. He also told me that the producers were trying to tell him what to say,

I also happen to know an attorney who practiced in front of her way back when. Between the two, I have come to the conclusion that Judge Judy is a !@#$ing idiot.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158883-man-scams-tv-talkcourt-shows-and-they-dont-care/

The first show Tarr scammed was Fox's Judge Alex, hosted by Florida jurist Alex Ferrer. Tarr pretended to be a plumber who got locked in a mortuary overnight, and then got stiffed on his bill. A friend named Sean agreed to play the mortuary owner.

During the taping in Houston, Tarr won this fake case, earning $1,137. The show aired last February.

Since performers on court shows get paid by the show itself — not the losing party — there's an obvious incentive for "litigants" to collude. Especially when they can earn up to $5,000.

That's what Tarr did with collaborator Naomi, a singer and DJ from Oregon who responded to his Craigslist ad. On The Judge Mathis Show, he played a notary public who claimed that Naomi not only jilted him at the altar during a romantic European getaway but also destroyed his computer. Naomi countered that Tarr never reimbursed her for the airline tickets, and that she didn't plan to marry him anyway.

During the Chicago taping, Mathis called Tarr a "smartass," laughed at his story and ruled in Naomi's favor for $2,700. The duo split the money.

Since reality shows pay for travel, food and hotel expenses — and generally provide a cash payment of about $200 per appearance — Tarr had found a way not only to scam them but also to get them to pay him to do it.

I'd be putting the handcuffs on my son by myself. And as a side note, if this were me at 8, 9, or 10, by the time my old man got done with me, I'd have been begging to be kept captive in a freaking closet by a hammer-wielding neighbor.

lol ! Funny! Those kids parents should each write that man a check for $12,500 to cover his expenses.

DA won't prosecute Upstate NY man who put boys in closet after interrupting burglary

CLYDE, N.Y. (AP) -- An upstate New York man who corralled four boys in a closet when he found them vandalizing a relative's home won't be prosecuted on child endangerment charges, a prosecutor told The Associated Press on Thursday. Wayne County District Attorney Richard Healy said that he reviewed Jesse Daniels' case and recommended that a town justice dismiss the four counts of endangering the welfare of a child that were filed against Daniels earlier this month.

lol ! Funny! Those kids parents should each write that man a check for $12,500 to cover his expenses.

No doubt that's the real motivation behind their lawsuit attempts -- try to get away with not having to pay for the damage to the house.