Jam? Jelly? Preserves? Conserve? Marmalade? Butter?

boyst

I found this in a canning book I have while looking for a new recipe for cherries. I also found one for old fashioned head cheese. Holy christ - nasty.

Either way, I figured it would be great to share since most people do not know the differences between all of this stuff. However, if you have never had a good marmalade then you haven't lived. Peach marmalade will sweeten you up more then a smile from Tom or a slap on the arse from Figugny.

Enjoy...

I enjoy more with samples. :D

But I was aware of differences. Too bad my wife is not into canning, etc for we have a blackberry tree with great fruit in our yard, I eat the fresh fruit and recently she has been drying it but we have not got the process perfected yet.

Had head cheese at a place called Soceity Fair in Alexandria. Didn't love it, didnt hate it. But for the first time ever, when I found out exactly what it was, it made me a bit nauseous. That never happens to me. I can watch a hot dog get made and eat 10 of em, but the description of how head cheese is made wasn't what I should have read right after trying it.

Walked into butchery class at culinary school early one morning and was greeted by two pig's heads in the sink. Not what you want to see at 5:00am.