Jam? Jelly? Preserves? Conserve? Marmalade? Butter?

boyst

I found this in a canning book I have while looking for a new recipe for cherries. I also found one for old fashioned head cheese. Holy christ - nasty.

Either way, I figured it would be great to share since most people do not know the differences between all of this stuff. However, if you have never had a good marmalade then you haven't lived. Peach marmalade will sweeten you up more then a smile from Tom or a slap on the arse from Figugny.

Enjoy...

0o73noz.jpg

This is a game changer.

LoL. I never knew what the diff was (and never cared)... NOW I do! LoL...

Oh... Anybody see the bit on how to make quick butter? Take heavy whipping cream and stick in a sealed container and shake for about 8 minutes... Vigorously!... I forget what show it wsa on.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_preserves

Fruit curd is a dessert topping and spread usually made with lemon, lime, orange, or raspberry.[10] The basic ingredients are beaten egg yolks, sugar, fruit juice and zest which are gently cooked together until thick and then allowed to cool, forming a soft, smooth, intensely flavored spread. Some recipes also include egg whites and/or butter.[11]

I knew this because a lot of the health nuts on the fruity girlie diets won't eat curds. curds of whey is double whammy for the paleo folks. the whey and the sugar are a no dice.

https://en.wikipedia...Fruit_preserves

I knew this because a lot of the health nuts on the fruity girlie diets won't eat curds. curds of whey is double whammy for the paleo folks. the whey and the sugar are a no dice.

Where is the receipe for the head cheese/souse? I used to work in a deli and I swear, the people eating that stuff looked exactly like it! LoL...

A good friend of mine's husband's family makes maple syrup in WNY. They make a maple cream (also known as maple butter) where the syrup is heated then whipped until it forms the consistency of spreadable butter. We call it maple crack. :thumbsup:

A good friend of mine's husband's family makes maple syrup in WNY. They make a maple cream (also known as maple butter) where the syrup is heated then whipped until it forms the consistency of spreadable butter. We call it maple crack. :thumbsup:

That sounds damn good.

Could be worse. Might have been about brussels sprouts or beets. Lots of folks here don't care for them at all. Personally, I think they're nuts.

YEP! Shall we add turnips and rutabagas too!

Or turnip/mustard greens and kale too!

Had head cheese at a place called Soceity Fair in Alexandria. Didn't love it, didnt hate it. But for the first time ever, when I found out exactly what it was, it made me a bit nauseous. That never happens to me. I can watch a hot dog get made and eat 10 of em, but the description of how head cheese is made wasn't what I should have read right after trying it.