Michael Jordan is a douche

major

If you're a celebrity with a brand like Jordan's, then you have to be very vigilent about your trademarks, and people attempting to dilute them, cause confusion, or profit from them.

I too think Jordan is a d-bag (though also the greatest player of all time), and he is probably greedy in what he's seeking in this lawsuit, but I am fairly certain that the basis and need for filing the lawsuit was pretty sound.

I wouldn't mind if he wins and gets it and donates the amount...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're a celebrity with a brand like Jordan's, then you have to be very vigilent about your trademarks, and people attempting to dilute them, cause confusion, or profit from them.

I too think Jordan is a d-bag (though also the greatest player of all time), and he is probably greedy in what he's seeking in this lawsuit, but I am fairly certain that the basis and need for filing the lawsuit was pretty sound.

Jordan is a brand.

From Air Jordan's, to cologne, to Jumpman23, to Steak Houses, Michael Jordan's image is a product.

He's his own medium.

Edited by taC giB ehT

MJ was a douche before money.

It could be argued that the douche mentality and the thought that you have to be better than everyone is what drove him to be great. Trust me, I've heard a ton of terrible Jordan stories. But won't we secretly want Mario Williams to have a little more of that Jordan attitude in him?

It could be argued that the douche mentality and the thought that you have to be better than everyone is what drove him to be great. Trust me, I've heard a ton of terrible Jordan stories. But won't we secretly want Mario Williams to have a little more of that Jordan attitude in him?

No... Since that mentality backfires just look at Jordan now everything he touches fails. Mario has done just fine without that. More people remain broke and talentless while being douches.

Mario Williams donates police cars to Houston even after leaving for Buffalo

Jordan has done this for Chicago?

Williams does a lot for NCSU. Jordan does nothing. Many UNC fans cannot stand Jordan. There is a reason.

But to get wrapped up in a feeling over this douche bag is worthless.

Williams does a lot for NCSU. Jordan does nothing. Many UNC fans cannot stand Jordan. There is a reason.

I was referring more to their attitudes on the field. And you can easily replace Jordan with Donald Trump or some other wealthy person. It takes a certain mentality to get that wealthy. You are cutthroat and really don't care who you crap on to get there.

I was referring more to their attitudes on the field. And you can easily replace Jordan with Donald Trump or some other wealthy person. It takes a certain mentality to get that wealthy. You are cutthroat and really don't care who you crap on to get there.

Yet their are more rich people that go against your theory.

Yet their are more rich people that go against your theory.

Of course they are. But I just read Steve Jobs wasn't known for giving to charity and in 1997, he cut all Apple's corporate philanthropy programs.

Yes, there are a good billionaires like Warren Buffet. But there is a certain mentality that really rich people have and it's not being a great person all the time. It's one of the reasons I'm just shooting to be a humble millionaire.

And Bill Gates helps eradicate disease in 3rd world countries. All a bad mentality does is make people not like you. It doesn't do anything in the business world. Determination is what drives people not being an asshat. Anyway LeBron>MJ I'm out.

And Bill Gates helps eradicate disease in 3rd world countries. All a bad mentality does is make people not like you. It doesn't do anything in the business world. Determination is what drives people not being an asshat. Anyway LeBron>MJ I'm out.

We can disagree about rich guys being douches, but this bolded statement is borderline insane.

Toilet paper>LeBron>MJ

Really ? One ring James is better than MJ ?

Think that might be insanely wrong as it currently stands. 1-3 finals record if the spurs finish em off.

Jordan's record in finals ? 6-0 with 6 MVP's

Zero flopping.

Yawn Jordan was a little baby wanting calls don't even start. LeBron has done more at his age then Jordan did at the same age. Your logic thinks that LeBron will get worse when he is now getting into the prime of his career. Sucks being wrong ehh?

Edited by EJ3

Yawn Jordan was a little baby wanting calls don't even start. LeBron has done more at his age then Jordan did at the same age. Your logic thinks that LeBron will get worse when he is now getting into the prime of his career. Sucks being wrong ehh?

Since LeBron came out of high school, age has NOTHING to do with it.

LeBron has been in the NBA for 10 years.

By that point, Jordan had already one all three championship series he'd been in and was on his league hiatus.

Since LeBron came out of high school, age has NOTHING to do with it.

LeBron has been in the NBA for 10 years.

By that point, Jordan had already one all three championship series he'd been in and was on his league hiatus.

It was also a much harder leader to score in when MJ player. You can hand check and teams were allowed to be more physical (the bad boy Pistons and Riley's Knicks). Also, there was good to great centers all over the league (Ewing, Hakeem, Robinson, young Shaq, etc.) James plays in a much easier to score NBA.

Nothing. He can't even cut Dominick's a little slack on hustling some steaks...

That is the point I was alluding... He wouldn't even sign a measely card catalog for a local cause (promoting reading and public library). Same with Oprah, of ALL people! Wow! The auction raised over 10k. Like I said, the richest man (and most likely the busiest), Bill Gates, found time to personally sign a card... Heck, even Luciano Pavarotti even personally signed an old card catalog.

IMO, Michael Jordan is a douche... He is like the Barefoot Contessa that wouldn't make a wish for a dying child... Unlike say John Cena who does everything in his power.