No! Say it ain't so Wendys!

Just Jack

Restaurant stops selling massive burger

WINNIPEG – A fast-food restaurant in Manitoba has backtracked on its offer to make customers a burger fit for Fred Flintstone. Barb Barker, an administrative assistant for the Wendy’s outlet in Brandon, said Wednesday night that they have stopped selling their T. Rex burger, consisting of nine quarter-pound patties held together by nine pieces of processed cheese and a flimsy bun.

It took me many years, but I've finally discovered the grocery store. I have had fast food maybe once in the last three months - and egg mcmuffin on the way to work a few weeks ago. Not really dieting, just trying to get away from that stuff and eat better food. My roomie and I have a deal...she goes to the store for us and I give her my card to pay for it. Works great :)

Crazy food like that T.Rex is fun to look at, but no way I'd ever order it...even when I was a fast food junkie.

It took me many years, but I've finally discovered the grocery store. I have had fast food maybe once in the last three months - and egg mcmuffin on the way to work a few weeks ago. Not really dieting, just trying to get away from that stuff and eat better food. My roomie and I have a deal...she goes to the store for us and I give her my card to pay for it. Works great :)

Crazy food like that T.Rex is fun to look at, but no way I'd ever order it...even when I was a fast food junkie.

One of my friends the other day was going to buy a Happy Meal as a joke for someone else. Long story short, he hasn't been to any fast food place in so long, he had to use his GPS to find one.

Homemade egg mcmuffins are great!

One of my friends the other day was going to buy a Happy Meal as a joke for someone else. Long story short, he hasn't been to any fast food place in so long, he had to use his GPS to find one.

lol, that's awesome. Even though Im not doing it to lose weight (not yet, anyway) I just feel so much better eating better quality food. I'll take some fresh tater salad over fries, lean top sirloin with garlic/salt/pepper over a burger, and a nice bowl of sorbet over a frosty any day of the week.

I'm not anti-fast food, of course, I just think I was way, wayyyy to involved with it for a while. There were days when I would have fast food for two out of three meals in a day...it's nearly completely lost it's appeal to me now.

Homemade egg mcmuffins are great!

I could go for that for sure.

I just picked up one of these for making breakfast sandwiches...

http://www.walmart.c...st-Pan/14913042

2 eggs, and a sausage patty, just over one minute in the microwave.

See that's the sort of gadget that I need so I don't blow up anything...that's why I love my Foreman. It's pretty hard to screw anything up on there.

I don't know if any of you guys have Publix supermarkets near you, but their New York style tater salad is ridiculous...add a little salt and pepper and it's delicious. I've never been a tater salad guy at all, but this stuff is really great.

See that's the sort of gadget that I need so I don't blow up anything...that's why I love my Foreman. It's pretty hard to screw anything up on there.

I don't know if any of you guys have Publix supermarkets near you, but their New York style tater salad is ridiculous...add a little salt and pepper and it's delicious. I've never been a tater salad guy at all, but this stuff is really great.

AJ , not to sound like a food police type of guy, but make you look at the ingredients list on any prepared food. Most are loaded with Sodium and or MSG and preservatives. Not the end of the world, just want to make sure you know what you are eating.the frozen "healthy " things are the worst..50 % of your sodium in a 300 calorie meal.

Pics???

AJ , not to sound like a food police type of guy, but make you look at the ingredients list on any prepared food. Most are loaded with Sodium and or MSG and preservatives. Not the end of the world, just want to make sure you know what you are eating.the frozen "healthy " things are the worst..50 % of your sodium in a 300 calorie meal.

Thanks man...yeah, that's why I say I'm not focused on trying to eat healthy necessarily, it's just been nice to eat fresher, non-greasy, non-fried foods as of late. I was really hitting the fast food places pretty hard, mainly cause it was convenient and quick. But I just feel much better eating stuff from the grocery store. But yeah, your point is well taken...a lot of this stuff masquerades as "healthy" when it's anything but.

Pics???

You got it!

post-3858-0-23203600-1371306846_thumb.jpg

lol, that's awesome. Even though Im not doing it to lose weight (not yet, anyway) I just feel so much better eating better quality food. I'll take some fresh tater salad over fries, lean top sirloin with garlic/salt/pepper over a burger, and a nice bowl of sorbet over a frosty any day of the week.

I'm not anti-fast food, of course, I just think I was way, wayyyy to involved with it for a while. There were days when I would have fast food for two out of three meals in a day...it's nearly completely lost it's appeal to me now.

I could go for that for sure.

withe the amount that I worked away from home in the last 3 years. 4 days out of every 12. And working 16 hour shifts with bagged lunches, it has been tough for me to do much different. It's been mostly fast food and microwaveable dinners for those times that I was gone. For 3 years it was 110 days a year (give or take). Now that I'm home again, its easier for me to grill something up or cool something either before or after work.

withe the amount that I worked away from home in the last 3 years. 4 days out of every 12. And working 16 hour shifts with bagged lunches, it has been tough for me to do much different. It's been mostly fast food and microwaveable dinners for those times that I was gone. For 3 years it was 110 days a year (give or take). Now that I'm home again, its easier for me to grill something up or cool something either before or after work.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Its so much easier for those of us with busy schedules to just swing by a drive in and grab something. When I was working 12hr overnight shifts in the hospital, I was routinely hitting steak n shake when I got off work. Everyone else was wanting breakfast, but it was dinner time for me. My legs were aching, I was mentally exhausted, and the idea of going home and cooking something was not a very appealing option. I could grab a burger and some onion rings at 7am, so that's what I did. Got up a little late for the night shift? No problem..swing by McDonalds on the way to the hospital....problem solved. I can totally understand where you're coming from.