Geno Smith to have sub-package?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not talking about then. You are talking about Kaepernick he was not around then please do not try and do that.

So by that logic could you not attribute part of the turnaround of the Niners to Kaepernick subbing for Smith? Sure a lot of it had to do with Harbaugh but the subbing of Kaepernick threw in a wrinkle that was new to the Niners game plan. It also gave him the experience to do well when Smith was injured.

Almost non-existant, really.

Not sure what you mean here.

So by that logic could you not attribute part of the turnaround of the Niners to Kaepernick subbing for Smith? Sure a lot of it had to do with Harbaugh but the subbing of Kaepernick threw in a wrinkle that was new to the Niners game plan. It also gave him the experience to do well when Smith was injured.

Not sure what you mean here.

You serious? You really think that? Sigh... He was in for 7 plays in 2011 only 2 games...

Those two games were blowout games.

Edited by EJ3

His rookie year kaepernick was active in 3 games threw 5 passes and had 2 rushes.

In 2012 he had 9 passes (7 in one game) before taking over.

This is what I was getting at chef- it really didnt happen much.

I'm talking about the 10 games in 2012 he subbed for Smith before he was injured.

Right, which I pointed to 9 passes, 7 in one game which I'm guessing was mop up duty in a blow out without double checking.

His packages amounted to nearly nothing, but made some fun highlights

Marrone actually did this his first year at Syracuse when he brought in Nasibb to run read option plays for Paulus who was the starter after not playing football for 4 years while at Duke. Would not surprise me if he brought in EJ slowly this way as well.

College does not equal the NFL. Their is a reason why two QBs=Zero in the NFL.

Edited by EJ3

i cant wait to see everyone say "i told you he sucked" after the jets do everything in their power to set him up for failure.

this is going to be a train wreck (and because its the jets, ill enjoy the show).

i said it months ago and have backed that up. When Smith was wrecking people in WV on Saturdays, I was laughing at the though of him being horrible in the pros. My only worry was that the Bills would make a mistake and draft him. He will be somewhere between Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young when all is said and done.