Geno Smith to have sub-package?

How will all y'all react when Marrone says the same thing about Manuel? Not so farfetched.

It's certainly possible but it's a far cry from what Marrone has been saying about EJ so far (shortly before cutting TJax):

Said Marrone, "I think Kevin has done a nice job… but I think EJ Manuel and Tavares have done a good job… again Tavares and Kevin having experience you'd think that they'd feel very comfortable in those situations but I've been very, very happy and even… I don't want to say surprised because we had high expectations but I think EJ's done a very, very good job… so for us it's gonna be tough making decisions on reps as we move forward."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not naysayers just truthsayers.

Then answer me how did a team with no QB make it to the SB last year?

Right, which I pointed to 9 passes, 7 in one game which I'm guessing was mop up duty in a blow out without double checking.

His packages amounted to nearly nothing, but made some fun highlights

It wasn't his passing I was referring to.

Then answer me how did a team with no QB make it to the SB last year?

It wasn't his passing I was referring to.

he had 13 carries before taking over. thats a grand total of 20 plays that season, 9 of which were in a single game. (not counting handoffs to backs that i have no idea how to look up). in his rookie year it was 7 plays.

i guess that makes it a little more respectable, but not all that aggressive still... not trying to beat a dead horse with it, just amounted to less snaps than most realize i think.

Edited by NoSaint

he had 13 carries before taking over. thats a grand total of 20 plays that season, 9 of which were in a single game. (not counting handoffs to backs that i have no idea how to look up). in his rookie year it was 7 plays.

i guess that makes it a little more respectable, but not all that aggressive still... not trying to beat a dead horse with it, just amounted to less snaps than most realize i think.

My point is to play devil's advocate to those saying you sub in a QB situationally you have no QB. Two QB's = No QB. Well a team that used that system nearly won the super bowl. And probably would have had Smith not been hurt and they continues that system to the SB.

My point is to play devil's advocate to those saying you sub in a QB situationally you have no QB. Two QB's = No QB. Well a team that used that system nearly won the super bowl. And probably would have had Smith not been hurt and they continues that system to the SB.

i understand, and am just trying to make sure average joe doesnt come bull rushing in here about how CK played a ton. if you pull the one game, CK was essentially brad smith without the WR or special teams touches. it wasnt like he was getting serious reps. further, alex smith is no manning, brady or brees, who you wouldnt see those packages with typically.