Edward Snowden: Hero or Traitor?

Edward Snowden: Hero or Traitor  

40 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, is Snowden an American Hero or Traitor to his country?

• Hero
    • Traitor
    • Not enough information

I'd be interested to know if that keeps the feds from collecting it. I wouldn't expect it would though.

It means that the telecoms are in for one hell of a class action law suit.

You should figure out what constitutes "your" personal information, and what constitutes "their" data.

I pay for the data. The data is mine.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be interested to know if that keeps the feds from collecting it. I wouldn't expect it would though.

Probably doesn't supersede a court order,

The legality of the court order, being from the FOREIGN Intelligence Surveillance Court for DOMESTIC surveillance, is another question.

You should figure out what constitutes "your" personal information, and what constitutes "their" data.

Phone number and traffic (ie what the feds are looking at) is telephone company data. Identity & call content information is personal and is not obtained without a warrant.

Phone number and traffic (ie what the feds are looking at) is telephone company data. Identity & call content information is personal and is not obtained without a warrant.

Hey, don't ruin the class action suit so early.

It's all Tasker's "data" since he paid for it.

You're an idiot.

Tell me more about the data you own. You seem to be on to something here.

FYI, here's ATT's privacy policy:

http://www.att.com/g...policy?pid=2506

Here's the bullet points that I bet Tasker has never read past:

• We will protect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We use powerful encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
  • We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. Period.
  • We will fully disclose our privacy policy in plain language, and make our policy easily accessible to you.
  • We will notify you of revisions to our privacy policy, in advance. No surprises.
  • You have choices about how AT&T uses your information for marketing purposes. Customers are in control.
  • We're listening. You can send us questions or feedback on our privacy policy.

Make sure you read down through the Information Sharing section before filing your lawsuit.

I would trust Nadler's view on the best place to get a brisket on a rye over his views of what he heard at NSA.

Didn't we used to mock these people for their complete lack of understanding of the intertubes?

Make sure you read down through the Information Sharing section before filing your lawsuit.

AT&T looks to be more open about sharing info based on a court order or legal process than Verizon. Their CPNI disclosure is quiet about that, unless I missed it. Odd that they would be quiet about it since they were all taken to court about it during the evil Bush regime.

Didn't we used to mock these people for their complete lack of understanding of the intertubes?

Well, yes. We used to mock them before we stopped mocking them.

From your link:

What is CPNI?

Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that AT&T telecommunications carriers obtain when providing your telecommunications services to you. CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you currently purchase, how you use them, and the billing information related to those services, including items such as the types of local, long distance and wireless telecommunications services that you have purchased and your calling details. Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI.

Use and Disclosure of CPNI

We use your CPNI to offer you additional services of the type you already purchase from AT&T. We also may use your CPNI to offer you products and services, packages, discounts and promotions from the AT&T companies, such as High Speed DSL Internet access, wireless service and U-verse TV services, which may be different from the types of services you already purchase.

AT&T uses technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of CPNI and protect it from unauthorized access or improper use. AT&T does not disclose CPNI outside of the AT&T companies or their agents without customer consent except as required or allowed by law. When AT&T uses third parties to perform services on its behalf that require the use of CPNI, AT&T requires that they protect CPNI consistent with this privacy policy. AT&T does not sell CPNI to unaffiliated third parties.

To the bolded, underlined portion: There was no law, there was a broad agency directive. Infact, if the data collection is determined to have been illegal, the reliquishing of their data my have been expressly forbidden by the existing law at the time. Comnpanies should be punished for capitulating with government agencies acting outside of the law.

From your link:

What is CPNI?

Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that AT&T telecommunications carriers obtain when providing your telecommunications services to you. CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you currently purchase, how you use them, and the billing information related to those services, including items such as the types of local, long distance and wireless telecommunications services that you have purchased and your calling details. Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI.

Use and Disclosure of CPNI

We use your CPNI to offer you additional services of the type you already purchase from AT&T. We also may use your CPNI to offer you products and services, packages, discounts and promotions from the AT&T companies, such as High Speed DSL Internet access, wireless service and U-verse TV services, which may be different from the types of services you already purchase.

AT&T uses technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of CPNI and protect it from unauthorized access or improper use. AT&T does not disclose CPNI outside of the AT&T companies or their agents without customer consent except as required or allowed by law. When AT&T uses third parties to perform services on its behalf that require the use of CPNI, AT&T requires that they protect CPNI consistent with this privacy policy. AT&T does not sell CPNI to unaffiliated third parties.

To the bolded, underlined portion: There was no law, there was a broad agency directive. Infact, if the data collection is determined to have been illegal, the reliquishing of their data my have been expressly forbidden by the existing law at the time. Comnpanies should be punished for capitulating with government agencies acting outside of the law.

Read again, carefully this time.

But this could get to be fun too....

Since the American People have nothing to fear so long as they have nothing to hide, how will Obama respond to be called out in the same way?

http://www.humaneven...hite-house-irs/

One thing you can count on with the current administration: thinking things all the way through is not a strong suit.

Well played, Mr. Stockman.

Good luck with your class action suit.

Man, I hope it comes through. I just can't wait to get my next $4.27 class action suit check.