Mary Tyler Moore and Valerie Harper Both Near Death

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on the 4th of July (1826) too! 50 years from 1776...

Has anybody ever questioned whether this is definitely true. I'd imagine the record keeping wasn't all that precise 200 years ago.........And, the odds have all that have always totally baffled me.

Very sad news about two beloved American actresses.

Was anyone ever hotter than MTM as Laura Petrie?

http://fullcomment.n...-the-tv-ladies/

I don't know if you can say MTM is near death. She appears to be dealing with some major health issues - broken bones and pneumonia (on top of diabetes), but whose to say she can't recover?

It says she's in seclusion at home. Yeah, she broke her !@#$ing hip!

Has anybody ever questioned whether this is definitely true. I'd imagine the record keeping wasn't all that precise 200 years ago.........And, the odds have all that have always totally baffled me.

Well, since hundreds (thousands?) of books, documentaries and serious academic papers have not questioned the date, I'd say there is a good chance it's true. Adams last words were that Jefferson lives, but TJ had died hours earlier. JA should checked Twitter.

I don't know if you can say MTM is near death. She appears to be dealing with some major health issues - broken bones and pneumonia (on top of diabetes), but whose to say she can't recover?

It says she's in seclusion at home. Yeah, she broke her !@#$ing hip!

I hope and pray that she recovers, but the first paragraph did end by saying, "Friends fear for her life."

Question for all: Was MTM funnier as Mary Richards or Laura Petrie?

Gonna go with Mary Richards on this one. She was awesome in both roles and I loved both shows. But she was less of a supporting role in MTM.