A catastrophe of epic proportions!

No, not the NSA spying....

Vandals knock over monument for Michelle Obama ancestor

REX, Ga. — Police are trying to figure out who knocked over a monument dedicated to an ancestor of first lady Michelle Obama. “When I saw it, I shed a few tears,” Vicki Smith told Channel 2’s Linda Stouffer. Smith helped get the monument to Rex. It’s a tribute to Melvinia Shields, the great-great-great grandmother of Obama. Shields was born into slavery in 1844 and later moved to Georgia.

she just happens to have been MO's great, great grandmother and that qualifies her for a statue? former Arkansas senator/governor Dale Bumpers was my grandfather's cousin.....do I get a monument too?

she just happens to have been MO's great, great grandmother and that qualifies her for a statue? former Arkansas senator/governor Dale Bumpers was my grandfather's cousin.....do I get a monument too?

You think that's bad, wait'll they find the people that pushed it over and charge them with a hate crime and civil rights violations...

You think that's bad, wait'll they find the people that pushed it over and charge them with a hate crime and civil rights violations...

You think that's bad, wait till it's revealed Michelle Antoinette herself pushed it over, so the Washington Compost could run stories on that rather than the NSA/IRS/DOJ/State/etc etc scandals.

Why is the mainstream media not reporting on this?

What are they trying to hide?!?!?

I believe that they are trying to spare the town the embarrassment of the publicity of the fact that they put up a monument to someone solely because one of their ancestors married a president of the United States

I believe that they are trying to spare the town the embarrassment of the publicity of the fact that they put up a monument to someone solely because one of their ancestors married a president of the United States

It's amazing what they leave out of the history books. One of Melvina Shields ancestors was actually married to a president? I bet it was that horny Thomas Jefferson. Come to think of it, I always wondered why so many black people have last names like Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Monroe (well, that's actually more of a first name, and so is Roosevelt) and of course Johnson, but that could be for a totally different reason.

It's amazing what they leave out of the history books. One of Melvina Shields ancestors was actually married to a president? I bet it was that horny Thomas Jefferson. Come to think of it, I always wondered why so many black people have last names like Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Monroe (well, that's actually more of a first name, and so is Roosevelt) and of course Johnson, but that could be for a totally different reason.

I could respond with a desperate attempt at "spinning" that I was right , as some here do, or I could try the outraged "what are you, the thread police" schtick......

but I think I'll just go with.........oops

Why is the mainstream media not reporting on this?

What are they trying to hide?!?!?

If Obama's great-great-great-grandmother-in-law had a monument, it would look just like Obama's great-great-great-grandmother-in-law's.

But...y'know...with more Skittles.

It appears likely that Charles Shields, the son of Melvinia's Shield's owner Henry Shields, is the father of her son Dolphus, who was born around 1860. She would have been around 15 when Dolphus was born, and Charles around 20. Melvinia was an illiterate slave field worker. Speculation is that she was raped by her master's son, as was common during slavery, though she never spoke of exactly how Dolphus was conceived. Dolphus Shields is Michelle Obama's maternal great-great-grandfather.

It appears likely that Charles Shields, the son of Melvinia's Shield's owner Henry Shields, is the father of her son Dolphus, who was born around 1860. She would have been around 15 when Dolphus was born, and Charles around 20. Melvinia was an illiterate slave field worker. Speculation is that she was raped by her master's son, as was common during slavery, though she never spoke of exactly how Dolphus was conceived. Dolphus Shields is Michelle Obama's maternal great-great-grandfather.

I'm the guy that asks for the link. Got one?