A restaurant with no tipping?

Just Jack

When you go to breakfast and your total bill is only $23 how much tip do you give your server? I give her $7 dollars. She works harder than the person that served us dinner and we paid $120 for. We give him $25 for a tip. Who works harder?

The guys in the kitchen.

I think it's a great concept, but not sure how worth it is to the restaurant owner. Sure, you'd likely attract the best waiters/waitresses. But how often do you recommend a restaurant based primarily on service? If the food is fantastic and the service is average, I'll recommend a place to anyone.

And I feel just the opposite. I've always said excellent service will make up for mediocre food but excellent food will never make up for mediocre service.

The guys in the kitchen.

And I feel just the opposite. I've always said excellent service will make up for mediocre food but excellent food will never make up for mediocre service.

You haven't eaten at schwarz's smoke meat then :D

i think we may be discussing casual places (a great meal at a diner overcomes expected "meh" service) vs a high end place (where a lot of people think just about anything on there table is pretty good but will nitpick the person serving it)