T Jax released

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's not even a solid player, but you have to feel bad for the guy. One year on the bench, re-signed by a new coaching staff and not making it to TC must be tough.

Well, he did make $1.75 million dollars in 2012, so can't say I exactly feel bad for the guy, but I know what you're trying to say.

Well, he did make $1.75 million dollars in 2012, so can't say I exactly feel bad for the guy, but I know what you're trying to say.

I know players wanna play but if he was smart with his money he should be set for life.

PTR

:lol: Well so much for the people predicting that Jackson would win the QB competition with Kolb.

and then there were 3 QBs...

at least we gave him a shot, i liked him. maybe they didn't want someone too like EJ

They did? I think that's debatable.

They did resign him and let him practice

There's no way that Kolb separated himself enough from Jackson to warrant his outright release even before mini-camp based on merit. His release was obviously a foregone conclusion once they signed Kolb and drafted Manuel, assuming that Kolb didn't totally bomb during OTAs. I wouldn't call that a fair chance.

Incidentally, is it any less a foregone conclusion that Manuel will become the starter this season? Kolb is basically auditioning for his next team or possibly a backup role if he can outperform Tuel.

oh my, didnt see this coming.

I'll say this about Coach Marrone, he is better at judging talent than Chan, look how fast TJak got bounced.

This either says they are very happy about how EJ is coming along or they like Kolb more than they let on.

Either way both Kolb and EJ get more reps during the preseason.

God I cant wait for training camp...

He looked good to me as far as throwing spirals. Glad they had the guts to cut him after just signing him if they felt they had better options...I don't think i would have the stomach to be a GM...

Best of luck T Jack!

BUFFALO BILLS BE BOWL BOUND BABY!

This is pretty simple. Marrone said he was going to get EJ equal snaps. 3 QBs can't take equal snaps as none of them will get enough snaps. This was no surprise really as EJ has been receiving very high praise on how far along he is and someone had to go and Kolb has more upside than TJ.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just saw from the mobile app. thoughts?

thank God Nix is gone, at least now Whaley can get rid of his mistakes.

The question now is whether Tuel gets the 3rd spot or they cut him and put him on the PS (if he shows anything) and keep Brad Smith as the emergency QB/utility man?

Smith is gone, time to cut more dead weight.

It got confusing with EJ and TJ being so similar sounding. E and T sound a lot alike, so they made the only decision they could.

Yeah, I hear ya. Good thing they didn't release EJ! That REALLY wouldda been a screwup. :ph34r:

Edited by Nanker

oh my, didnt see this coming.

I'll say this about Coach Marrone, he is better at judging talent than Chan Buddy, look how fast TJak got bounced.

Fixed that for you. Marrone dumped the guy Buddy signed twice (and traded for) and who never played a down.

More evidence that Marrone ran this draft and is making all of the major personnel decisions since he got here. Can't be a bad thing.

Another bizarre chapter in Bills lore comes to an end. Trade for him, never dress him, re-sign him, cut him. Did I miss anything?

Perhaps he'll be rushed to a hospital from a nightclub and later tweet that he was dehydrated?

Glad to see the competition thin for EJ.

Sad to see TJax get treated like this, though.

With the way NFL teams have accelerated the installation of their systems in recent years, it does put TJax in a tough place but he could still find a team looking for another QB as we're still a month or so out from training camps.

And he got to keep his signing bonus and workout bonus which was a nice chunk of change.

:lol: Well so much for the people predicting that Jackson would win the QB competition with Kolb.

They did? I think that's debatable.

Well they did re-sign him and he pretty much split snaps with Kolb so I don't think it's a reach to say that the team gave him a chance to prove he was better than Kolb.

I don't see Tjax as anything like Emanuel. Completely different type of QB.

Plus he's not even a film character.