Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

Source?

He's not getting anymore money this season & they're at loggerheads now because of the league rules, so signing this gets him guaranteed pay & nothing until it's signed. He's also a gamer who will miss not being in the game on TV, especially if his replacements do very well. Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big difference is, you would be making those personal decisions for yourself. Parker represents his clients and owes them a fiduciary duty to work for them zealously in their best interests, not his (as mentioned above). What he needs to do is learn that sometimes, it's in the best interest of his clients not to overplay their hand.

That's crazy! He would not be anywhere near as well-respected around the league if he were to engage in that sort of activity. Smarter players would soon realize that he was steering them in a direction which was based on his own personal bias and mistrust would ensue. Would you trust an agent who is supposed to be representing YOUR best interests if you discovered he was actually letting his petty personal biases interfere with that? I wouldn't, because it would make me wonder what other little personal biases were motivating him to do and say what he was doing and saying.

Sorry, not buying it.

not really sure what you do for a living hut if you don't have favorites then all I can say is your a better man than I am and probably most of us here are.

What's your choice between Ford or Chevy?

American or Japanese?

DirecTV or Time Warner?

How about McDonalds or Burger King?

Or Budweiser or Labatt?

Life is made of situational choices. I can tell you that I will never own another GM in my life. Nothing but problems with every single one ive ever owned. You mean to tell me you don't have a story similar? Regardless of its for himself or his client. With all things being equal, the amount and length of contracts being the same, who do you think he would recommend? A team that he has a good repor with or a team that he has had 2 conflicting contract negotiations with?

Your crazy if you can't see that.

I have no loyalty to brand. I have a Mazda a Mercedes a Honda and a Subaru recently had a jeep and a Dodge. all have had issues more or less.

Kids have Mercury Honda Honda Honda the woman has an Olds.

But all things being equal i would rather play football with my friends then seek another neighborhood .

I have no loyalty to brand. I have a Mazda a Mercedes a Honda and a Subaru recently had a jeep and a Dodge. all have had issues more or less.

Kids have Mercury Honda Honda Honda the woman has an Olds.

But all things being equal i would rather play football with my friends then seek another neighborhood .

if all is equal to you, then yes. I agree. The money, the type of town, the opportunity to win a championship. But not all of those situations ate the same.

Besides, you feel that way, but you aren't a guy that played football all your life, played on multiple different teams, and made new friends over and over. So much so that no matter where Jairus plays, he will have "friends" there. You think he's not very good friends with players on other teams??? What about the guys he played in college with? Or high school? Or guys that he's played against for 4 years in college, or the pros? It's a different world they live in than you and your friends playing street football against the guys a block away.

And I dont but for one second you don't have a single thing in life where you have a brand preference. Maybe not cars. What about appliances? Where do you buy them? What kinds?

What about cell phones or coverage?

Why do you go to your family doctor and not a different Doctor every time? Wouldn't be because your familiarity with him would it?

Why do you love the Bills and hate the Pats? Or Phins? Or Cowboys?

I don't buy it for 1 minute.

Edited by mrags

aha a dialogue good sir.

I have lived all over the country under my parents care. moved every year nearly till high school. Went to military academy in Atlanta and then moved to Leland Missisipi next to the cotton fields. then to new york. Culture shock running amok.

To answer the question . Good customer service is what i need to return, regardless of subject matter.

I have been to every garage in a the mile area over the last 20 years. Things change and i move on.

I have had one doctor in my life i loved and she is gone. i dont go anymore pretty much.

I was a cowboy s fan when i was 10 phins when i was 15 and bounced around with some underdogs.

I have been a Bills fan for about 20 years but the level of intensity has come and gone since the Houston game and fans yelling at my 8 year old kid because he was a pats fan.

No i really dont.

wait I like EBC brake pads for my cars but they have different levels fo usage.

okay ya got me. But that is about it.

but i do try different ones. i am about to put PowerSlot rotors and pads on the mercedes wagen tomorrow.

Like lynyrd skynyrd said , to para.. "if i like it, i try it twice " from the song ; you got that right.

and all that has nothing to do with my favorite hobby Buffalo Bills fandom

Edited by 3rdand12

aha a dialogue good sir.

I have lived all over the country under my parents care. moved every year nearly till high school. Went to military academy in Atlanta and then moved to Leland Missisipi next to the cotton fields. then to new york. Culture shock running amok.

To answer the question . Good customer service is what i need to return, regardless of subject matter.

I have been to every garage in a the mile area over the last 20 years. Things change and i move on.

I have had one doctor in my life i loved and she is gone. i dont go anymore pretty much.

I was a cowboy s fan when i was 10 phins when i was 15 and bounced around with some underdogs.

I have been a Bills fan for about 20 years but the level of intensity has come and gone since the Houston game and fans yelling at my 8 year old kid because he was a pats fan.

No i really dont.

wait I like EBC brake pads for my cars but they have different levels fo usage.

okay ya got me. But that is about it.

but i do try different ones. i am about to put PowerSlot rotors and pads on the mercedes wagen tomorrow.

Like lynyrd skynyrd said , to para.. "if i like it, i try it twice " from the song ; you got that right.

and all that has nothing to do with my favorite hobby Buffalo Bills fandom

Wow, what color is your car ?

Heh, I had a little chuckle reading this and thinking about Whaley's insistence that they won't negotiate through the media. Well, maybe not overtly so, but the Bills internal media reporting on how everything is sunshine and unicorn farts with the young safetys we got can not be coincidental. I like how they also mention McKelvin has stepped up into a mentor role.

Clever strategy. Hope it works.

Young safeties benefiting from Byrd's absence: http://ow.ly/nxdHQ

He's not getting anymore money this season & they're at loggerheads now because of the league rules, so signing this gets him guaranteed pay & nothing until it's signed. He's also a gamer who will miss not being in the game on TV, especially if his replacements do very well.

In other words, no source and just your completely uninformed opinion?

Heh, I had a little chuckle reading this and thinking about Whaley's insistence that they won't negotiate through the media. Well, maybe not overtly so, but the Bills internal media reporting on how everything is sunshine and unicorn farts with the young safetys we got can not be coincidental. I like how they also mention McKelvin has stepped up into a mentor role.

Or maybe these guys are stepping up & taking advantage of their opportunity, that does happen once in a while.

In other words, no source and just your completely uninformed opinion?

Yes, exactly. I have no source for this & I'm really not bothering with tracking Byrd or his actions because his holdout is basically pouting. He's going to want his check & will show up at some point before the first real game for it, so we'll see you there then.

This means that Byrd is not signed. That's all.

jw

Is that still all now ?

This means that Byrd is not signed. That's all.

jw

Is that still all now ? Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

So this report was a shot across Byrd's bow? I hadn't considered that. Interesting take.

McKelvin, like it or not, is the elder statesman back there. His emergence as the mentor is just a natural result of the disparity in experience of the group. Personally, I think it's a good thing. McKelvin has had plenty of opportunities to find reasons to sulk, but he's been a professional about it his entire career. Lose your starting job? No problem, find a way to contribute on special teams. He's a good example for the others I think.

GO BILLS!!!

Or maybe these guys are stepping up & taking advantage of their opportunity, that does happen once in a while.

Oh, absolutely, don't get me wrong. I'm not accusing the Bills of just making stuff up.

I'm just thinking they're going to want to trumpet every bit of positive news they can about the current DB situation sans Byrd. Mentioning McKelvin stepping up as a mentor is what really stood out to me. Like they already had a counter for what would be Byrd's secondary argument: "Yeah, well, Searcy and Williams may have some game, but what are you gonna do about missing my veteran presence?"

Oh, absolutely, don't get me wrong. I'm not accusing the Bills of just making stuff up.

I'm just thinking they're going to want to trumpet every bit of positive news they can about the current DB situation sans Byrd. Mentioning McKelvin stepping up as a mentor is what really stood out to me. Like they already had a counter for what would be Byrd's secondary argument: "Yeah, well, Searcy and Williams may have some game, but what are you gonna do about missing my veteran presence?"

But can any of the players understand what McKelvin is telling them?

Other than Tim Graham's opening tweet about how bad the DBs looked in the first drill of camp, the beat reporters have been quiet about the DBs. I think that's because they are just waiting to pounce on the first sign that A Williams doesn't have what it takes because that fits their pre-conceived narrative going forward.

GO BILLS!!!

Other than Tim Graham's opening tweet about how bad the DBs looked in the first drill of camp, the beat reporters have been quiet about the DBs. I think that's because they are just waiting to pounce on the first sign that A Williams doesn't have what it takes because that fits their pre-conceived narrative going forward.

GO BILLS!!!

thats insightful. honestly.

and well phrased

It's going to come down to Byrd pouting during most of the camp then coming in to get his regular season game-checks. Hopefully Byrd has taken it upon himself to train hard & be in good shape coming back, not being prepared is usually one of the main things that gets you injured.