Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

Parker has a fiduciary responsibility to his clients. If the Bills should be interested in one of his clients at a future date, it would behoove him to advise his client accordingly.

GO BILLS!!!

based on the argument, then shouldn't the Bills be feeling the same right now?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, there's also the other side of that coin. I'm sure Parker will remember this when he has a FA player on the market and the Bills are interested.

Just sayin

If the Bills are top bidder his guy will sign....just sayin' "Yeah, the Bills were offering you a million more but those guys pissed me off, so sign this other contract for less."

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the Bills are top bidder his guy will sign....just sayin' "Yeah, the Bills were offering you a million more but those guys pissed me off, so sign this other contract for less."

PTR

some people live in a sheltered world. Believe what you want. I'll believe that if Parker has a player that's a FA and 4 teams want his player in for a visit, it's easy for Parker to pick the Bills last and get the shaft when it comes to offers. Similar to how the Bills never let Mario leave and field other offers. Parker can do similar types of things with his players.

I'm not saying he will or would do that. I was simply implying argument to the comment about how maybe next time Parker won't play games with this FO. It's all objective either way you look at it.

To me, I have personal preferences of things I do on a daily basis. From where I buy my gas to where I eat, or where I get my hair cut. I have primary guidelines that I follow based on my opinions and backup plans. For example, I don't order McDonalds from the store less than 1-4 mile from my house anymore. They constantly get my order wrong, have at least a 10 minute wait, they constantly serve me dried up or old food that's been sitting there for hours under a heat lamp, and I personally know they steal money as I've seen it before. So I don't go there anymore. I drive down the road about 2 miles and use a different McDonalds that doesn't rip off their employer, don't sell me old food, and don't mess up my order. I could only imagine what I would feel if I was dealing with services and places of business that had millions of dollars on the line. If someone made me jump through hoops for poor service then I wouldn't completely rule them out, but I might exhaust all other options first.

some people live in a sheltered world. Believe what you want. I'll believe that if Parker has a player that's a FA and 4 teams want his player in for a visit, it's easy for Parker to pick the Bills last and get the shaft when it comes to offers. Similar to how the Bills never let Mario leave and field other offers. Parker can do similar types of things with his players.

I'm not saying he will or would do that. I was simply implying argument to the comment about how maybe next time Parker won't play games with this FO. It's all objective either way you look at it.

To me, I have personal preferences of things I do on a daily basis. From where I buy my gas to where I eat, or where I get my hair cut. I have primary guidelines that I follow based on my opinions and backup plans. For example, I don't order McDonalds from the store less than 1-4 mile from my house anymore. They constantly get my order wrong, have at least a 10 minute wait, they constantly serve me dried up or old food that's been sitting there for hours under a heat lamp, and I personally know they steal money as I've seen it before. So I don't go there anymore. I drive down the road about 2 miles and use a different McDonalds that doesn't rip off their employer, don't sell me old food, and don't mess up my order. I could only imagine what I would feel if I was dealing with services and places of business that had millions of dollars on the line. If someone made me jump through hoops for poor service then I wouldn't completely rule them out, but I might exhaust all other options first.

You eat McDonald's??

Difference is, Parker is obligated to bring any and all offers to his client.

If he has a player in a Mario-type situation, one where the right deal is there that precludes other visits, that's a different story.

If it ever got out that he withheld potential offers to his clients, he wouldn't be a practicing agent for very long. And teams would have no compunction making it known that they had offers to present.

GO BILLS!!!

this is NOT going to end well.

#1- Byrd's super agent has to know the Bills will franchise tag him at least twice (this year at $6.9 and next year at $8.3).

#2- any 5 yr deal with $20-$25 mil Guaranteed is really a 3 year deal( most of these guys get cut before the end of the deal)

#3- Byrd and his agent went into this negotiation saying we will sign with buffalo only if they break the bank and make Byrd the highest paid safety in the league (over $9 mil/yr), anything less and they will attempt to force their way out.

#4- if it is your intention to stay with the Bills, it almost rises to malpractice that the agent would put his client at risk for two 1 year deals instead of 3 years of guaranteed money.

#5- I suppose it's possible that if Byrd has another ALL-Pro season in Pettine's defense, the bills then might be convinced to pay him #1 safety money after this season. I think it's more likely that the stalemate continues all over again next year.

#6- playing this out to year three. the bills could start off by tagging him again at $11.9 mil (+ 144%). then just before the regular season starts in 2015 THEY RESCIND the franchise tag at which time he becomes a free agent in a market that has completely dried up.

Edited by papazoid

Difference is, Parker is obligated to bring any and all offers to his client.

If he has a player in a Mario-type situation, one where the right deal is there that precludes other visits, that's a different story.

If it ever got out that he withheld potential offers to his clients, he wouldn't be a practicing agent for very long. And teams would have no compunction making it known that they had offers to present.

GO BILLS!!!

i never said he would. But let's be honest, with all things created equal, who do you think he'd try to persuade his client to sign with if he has a better track record with if 2 teams are involved?

i never said he would. But let's be honest, with all things created equal, who do you think he'd try to persuade his client to sign with if he has a better track record with if 2 teams are involved?

All things being equal, then I'd agree he may let his bias against the Bills influence his advice.

GO BILLS!!!

this is NOT going to end well.

#1- Byrd's super agent has to know the Bills will franchise tag him at least twice (this year at $6.9 and next year at $8.3).

#2- any 5 yr deal with $20-$25 mil Guaranteed is really a 3 year deal( most of these guys get cut before the end of the deal)

#3- Byrd and his agent went into this negotiation saying we will sign with buffalo only if they break the bank and make Byrd the highest paid safety in the league (over $9 mil/yr), anything less and they will attempt to force their way out.

#4- if it is your intention to stay with the Bills, it almost rises to malpractice that the agent would put his client at risk for two 1 year deals instead of 3 years of guaranteed money.

#5- I suppose it's possible that if Byrd has another ALL-Pro season in Pettine's defense, the bills then might be convinced to pay him #1 safety money after this season. I think it's more likely that the stalemate continues all over again next year.

#6- playing this out to year three. the bills could start off by tagging him again at $11.9 mil (+ 144%). then just before the regular season starts in 2015 THEY RESCIND the franchise tag at which time he becomes a free agent in a market that has completely dried up.

Probably not. I don't think the Bills need the highest paid safety in the league. IMO.

And on the other hand, Parker's commission is based on his client's contract so if the Bills made the best offer he would advise his client to take it.

That said, unless the Bills turn things around, it's possible his client wouldn't want to sign with the Bills.

I don't believe Mario really wanted to sign with the Bills but between them offering the most money and practically abducting him, he almost had no choice.

And on the other hand, Parker's commission is based on his client's contract so if the Bills made the best offer he would advise his client to take it.

That said, unless the Bills turn things around, it's possible his client wouldn't want to sign with the Bills.

I don't believe Mario really wanted to sign with the Bills but between them offering the most money and practically abducting him, he almost had no choice.

We got his GF drunk & she got a ring, so he couldn't leave.

some people live in a sheltered world. Believe what you want. I'll believe that if Parker has a player that's a FA and 4 teams want his player in for a visit, it's easy for Parker to pick the Bills last and get the shaft when it comes to offers. Similar to how the Bills never let Mario leave and field other offers. Parker can do similar types of things with his players. I'm not saying he will or would do that. I was simply implying argument to the comment about how maybe next time Parker won't play games with this FO. It's all objective either way you look at it. To me, I have personal preferences of things I do on a daily basis. From where I buy my gas to where I eat, or where I get my hair cut. I have primary guidelines that I follow based on my opinions and backup plans. For example, I don't order McDonalds from the store less than 1-4 mile from my house anymore. They constantly get my order wrong, have at least a 10 minute wait, they constantly serve me dried up or old food that's been sitting there for hours under a heat lamp, and I personally know they steal money as I've seen it before. So I don't go there anymore. I drive down the road about 2 miles and use a different McDonalds that doesn't rip off their employer, don't sell me old food, and don't mess up my order. I could only imagine what I would feel if I was dealing with services and places of business that had millions of dollars on the line. If someone made me jump through hoops for poor service then I wouldn't completely rule them out, but I might exhaust all other options first.

The big difference is, you would be making those personal decisions for yourself. Parker represents his clients and owes them a fiduciary duty to work for them zealously in their best interests, not his (as mentioned above). What he needs to do is learn that sometimes, it's in the best interest of his clients not to overplay their hand.

That's crazy! He would not be anywhere near as well-respected around the league if he were to engage in that sort of activity. Smarter players would soon realize that he was steering them in a direction which was based on his own personal bias and mistrust would ensue. Would you trust an agent who is supposed to be representing YOUR best interests if you discovered he was actually letting his petty personal biases interfere with that? I wouldn't, because it would make me wonder what other little personal biases were motivating him to do and say what he was doing and saying.

Sorry, not buying it.

The big difference is, you would be making those personal decisions for yourself. Parker represents his clients and owes them a fiduciary duty to work for them zealously in their best interests, not his (as mentioned above). What he needs to do is learn that sometimes, it's in the best interest of his clients not to overplay their hand.

This hand is far from being played out.