Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

If Byrd becomes the highest paid safety, he will indeed become the highest paid safety in the history of football. The record would previously have been held by Polamalu. Don't know why that's hard to understand.

I've done a complete 180 on this. I think the Bills should just pay ALL future free agents exactly what they're asking for. It's the best strategy for establishing and maintaining that all important "credibility" around the league. Why, Whaley will have to beat them away with a stick as One Bills Drive becomes known as football shangri la, the Mecca of the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

Nice try! Whatever dude.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try! Whatever dude.

Whatever dude? I can't believe you dismiss my new strategy out of hand like that. If we pay all future free agents what they want, we will never lose another player to free agency AND we'll be the first destination of choice for the cream of the crop. This assures us of always fielding the most talented team at all positions, all the time.

I'm shocked that you don't see the wisdom in that.

GO BILLS!!!

Whatever dude? I can't believe you dismiss my new strategy out of hand like that. If we pay all future free agents what they want, we will never lose another player to free agency AND we'll be the first destination of choice for the cream of the crop. This assures us of always fielding the most talented team at all positions, all the time.

I'm shocked that you don't see the wisdom in that.

GO BILLS!!!

All until you hit the salary cap.

If Byrd becomes the highest paid safety, he will indeed become the highest paid safety in the history of football. The record would previously have been held by Polamalu. Don't know why that's hard to understand.

It isn't hard to understand; it's simply that acknowledging the fact means having to stop and consider if Byrd is really worth making the higher paid FS in the history of the game, which even the biggest homers can tell you that he isn't.

Sort of throws a wrench in the "pay him whatever he wants argument"

It isn't hard to understand; it's simply that acknowledging the fact means having to stop and consider if Byrd is really worth making the higher paid FS in the history of the game, which even the biggest homers can tell you that he isn't.

Sort of throws a wrench in the "pay him whatever he wants argument"

It's crazy talk, they need to drug test the agents.

Skipping training camp now as well. Sent my kids on a scouting mission last night to see if they could find him lurking anywhere, but if he was there he was hiding very well.

I hope this comes to some resolution sooner rather than later so he can get some time in camp.

I'm starting a new "Byrdometer" just for training camp and it will go up or down depending on camp reports of how his replacements are doing as well as mindless tweets from the likes of Tim Graham.

Last night's meter readings:

Graham tweets how bad DBs look = Byrdometer goes UP.

A Williams INT = Byrdometer drops.

Mana Silva INT = Byrdmometer drops again.

After one day of training camp, it's clear the Bills don't need Byrd's services.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Brandon-Long-term-deal-still-the-goal-with-Jairus-Byrd/3b607ae0-9b8e-4ae5-824e-b5ab3bc73985?campaign=tw_buf_article

"With the decision solely up to Jairus Byrdicon-article-link.gif on when to sign his franchise tender and report to training camp, the Bills are being patient waiting for their Pro Bowl safety to return. What the current situation has not done is dissuade Buffalo’s desire to reach a long-term contract agreement with Byrd.

Appearing on the Howard Simon show Monday morning on the Bills’ flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550, team President and CEO Russ Brandon emphasized their intent to pursue a multi-year extension at the end of the regular season."

Which is RB's way of saying the Bills will FT him again next year if need be unless a reasonable deal can be reached. It also leaves open the possibility of a trade. :thumbsup:

I like the way the Bills Front Office are spinning this. Text Book negotiating. Next time Eugene will know to pick a fight with another Front Office instead of the this one.

http://www.buffalobi...=tw_buf_article

"With the decision solely up to Jairus Byrdicon-article-link.gif on when to sign his franchise tender and report to training camp, the Bills are being patient waiting for their Pro Bowl safety to return. What the current situation has not done is dissuade Buffalo’s desire to reach a long-term contract agreement with Byrd.

Appearing on the Howard Simon show Monday morning on the Bills’ flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550, team President and CEO Russ Brandon emphasized their intent to pursue a multi-year extension at the end of the regular season."

This sounds good but what if he wants even more money after this season, it's nice to say but Byrd is way too high looking for #1 FS money.

This sounds good but what if he wants even more money after this season, it's nice to say but Byrd is way too high looking for #1 FS money.

then he will get stuck playing for next years Tag money of $8.3 million.

If he can improve all of his stats from 2012 and the Defence can stiffen as a unit then he might deserve $8.3m in 2014. Hopefully his play will do the talking in2013.

I like the way the Bills Front Office are spinning this. Text Book negotiating. Next time Eugene will know to pick a fight with another Front Office instead of the this one.

yeah, there's also the other side of that coin. I'm sure Parker will remember this when he has a FA player on the market and the Bills are interested.

Just sayin

yeah, there's also the other side of that coin. I'm sure Parker will remember this when he has a FA player on the market and the Bills are interested.

Just sayin

Parker has a fiduciary responsibility to his clients. If the Bills should be interested in one of his clients at a future date, it would behoove him to advise his client accordingly.

GO BILLS!!!

Parker is holding out some draft pick over offset language in a contract as well, so call me crazy but this withholding services looks to be his idea. It's not even about the money, it's about if the player can collect $ from 2 different teams if he's a bust for one team.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown