John Malkovich Bails Out Autoworker

I saw that! I wasn't sure which one to post! Thanks... I went the good samaritan route, it was a tough choice! ;-)

Agree, tough one. Sorry to hijack the thread with that, but it certainly seemed warranted.

Do we REALLY know it was John Malkovich? It could have been John Cusack or even Catherine Keener...

The guy got 8 stitches. Claiming that John M. saved his life is being rather melodramatic.

As is claiming Malkovich is a hero for applying pressure to a wound.

http://www.foxnews.c...real-life-hero/

Sorry... Couldn't resist the play on words. ;-)

Neat story. Malkovich was supposedly having a smoke, which is why he was nearby when it happened. I guess the Ohio guy's really lucky, since John apparently just took up the habit again recently:

"And alas, he also recently "stupidly started to smoke again," he said.

"Yeah, not terribly clever," he chuckled. "Ah, such is life. I never pretended to be clever."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/John+Malkovich+says+Casanova+probably+prolific+predatory/8470800/story.html

The fact he declined to talk to the press probably means he doesn't think it was that heroic as well...

The guy got 8 stitches. Claiming that John M. saved his life is being rather melodramatic.

It depends, the article says the wound was in his neck. If it was one of the carotid arteries that was bleeding out even a small gash could be deadly in minutes.

It depends, the article says the wound was in his neck. If it was one of the carotid arteries that was bleeding out even a small gash could be deadly in minutes.

It wasn't. Because it was the usual "just an eighth of an inch more and this could have been...."

It took 300 stitches for Malarchuk.

It wasn't. Because it was the usual "just an eighth of an inch more and this could have been...."

It took 300 stitches for Malarchuk.

Doesn't matter... Still has to be treated as severe bleeding. Isn't the job of a first responder bleeding first, over say not breathing? Not to say they aren't very bad, it is just one can bleed out and die quicker.

If you want to believe this guy would have died if not for Malkovich, go right ahead............I myself choose not to believe that an 8 stitch cut is going to kill me if not for instant help.

If you want to believe this guy would have died if not for Malkovich, go right ahead............I myself choose not to believe that an 8 stitch cut is going to kill me if not for instant help.

Dude was 77 years old. Who knows what other underlying issues he had? He got cut in the neck from a fall and hit scaffolding... Anything could have happened given the location, fall, his age, and underlying issues...

Dude was 77 years old. Who knows what other underlying issues he had? He got cut in the neck from a fall and hit scaffolding... Anything could have happened given the location, fall, his age, and underlying issues...

Or if Malkovich hadn't stopped the bleeding, a bear could have wandered by, smelled blood, and mauled him. Because anything could have happened.

(In other words: what a completely !@#$ing retarded line of reasoning.)

Perhaps not as it was not as if he was going to stop the bleeding on his own. The guy was in a bad situation and received help. The classic Good Samaritan storyline.