OLB/DE Jamie Blatnick - Could be the surprise of camp.

Every year, we see hype such as this with someone coming in out of nowhere to wow and amaze, only to fall flat on their face when the bullets really fly. Let's see where he is in late August....

Every year someone DOES come out of nowhere to wow and amaze... unfortunately it's usually for another team.

Let's hope Blatnick is the exception! OP, thanks for the highlight vid. Good stuff!

I really just wanted people to known that Blatnick is not a camp fodder player. He can play. In the right defensive scheme he can contribute as a pass rusher and as a player who can set the edge. He's competing against MW, Anderson, Lawson, Hughes, Pough. I see Dowtin and Moats being used as ILB primarly, although both can play OLB. Moats has always seemed to me to be a good pass rusher, but the Bills seem to prefer him inside. Blatnick is obviously not going to beat out MW, Lawson or even Hughes, but he could beat out Anderson (if not full recovered) and certainly Pough who doesn't set the edge quite as well as Blatnick.

ChanOver, with respect .... you may see Dowtin and Moats being used as ILB primarily, but how does Pettine see them is the Q? Under the Chan regime, the Bills may have preferred Moats inside, that was then, this is now. I think Pettine sees Dowtin and Moats as OLB in his hybrid scheme, so Blatnick has some strong competition. But he seems to be a player with some potential so I hope he does prove to be a gem, we could use a few.