Stevie Johnson's one handed catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112189/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Stick-to-Stevie

After the discussion of CJ on the "Top 100 Players" list, I got to wondering where this play would land on the "Top 100 Plays of 2012" list. They're already at 41, but I cant imagine this getting left out.

Also.. what a great play, too bad it had to come in a blowout. Where do you think it will land on the list?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/v...Stick-to-Stevie

After the discussion of CJ on the "Top 100 Players" list, I got to wondering where this play would land on the "Top 100 Plays of 2012" list. They're already at 41, but I cant imagine this getting left out.

Also.. what a great play, too bad it had to come in a blowout. Where do you think it will land on the list?

It won't. Almost all the top plays are TD's. :unsure:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112189/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Stick-to-Stevie

in fact, at this point i almost cant imagine it being included.

There was a 1 handed catch the other day that was really nice but nowhere near as nice as Stevie's. Stevie's catch was number 1 that day on the SC top 10. If you figure that there are only 17 weeks it is probably yet to come on the list. That play was spectacular.

With that being said, I hope that butt fumble is #1.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Wow.. I'm surprised that you guys don't think it will be on the list at all. I think Stevie's catch is definitely better than any of the other one handed catches on the list so far. The fact that he was running across the field and had to reach back and high for the ball makes it super difficult.

Kirby.. glad we agree on this one!

Edited by Billsrhody

Wow.. I'm surprised that you guys don't think it will be on the list at all. I think Stevie's catch is definitely better than any of the other one handed catches on the list so far. The fact that he was running across the field and had to reach back and high for the ball makes it super difficult.

Kirby.. glad we agree on this one!

Yes we do. That play stands out to me as much as any since that Terrence McGee return where he ran around for like 3 minutes before falling down at the 5 yard line right before halftime.

Stevie's catch will be in the top 20 IMO. It helps that he is 1 of the few big name players on the Bills. If Donald Jones made that play it probably wouldn't be quite as high.

Yes we do. That play stands out to me as much as any since that Terrence McGee return where he ran around for like 3 minutes before falling down at the 5 yard line right before halftime.

Stevie's catch will be in the top 20 IMO. It helps that he is 1 of the few big name players on the Bills. If Donald Jones made that play it probably wouldn't be quite as high.

I completely lost my **** after that TMcGee play.

There was a 1 handed catch the other day that was really nice but nowhere near as nice as Stevie's. Stevie's catch was number 1 that day on the SC top 10. If you figure that there are only 17 weeks it is probably yet to come on the list. That play was spectacular.

Lol... I actually think butt fumble already landed somewhere on the list.

Stevie's catch got a lot of press & acclaim and I still think it makes the list.

thing is, it was in a blowout, in the middle of the field, in a game that wasnt widely watched.... etc....

it wasnt scoring, it wasnt at a clutch moment.... it was impressive, but ultimately it was meaningless play for a small market team which leads me to believe it wont be at the top of the list.

I forgot the Bills were ever that close in that game. I only remembered our D getting it's worse ass kicking in a season full of ass kickings (yes, I know we technically gave up more points to the Pats).

Edited by Turbosrrgood

gotta love it when you are a ****ty team down by two scores and you spin the ball after making a great catch. Fantastic!

I don't like being a downer, but while everyone sees a great catch, I see a really bad throw which, if it were more accurate, would have given Stevie the inside lane to take it up the field.

Not to mention...yes, great catch, but a little more air and that's a pick.

Edited by LABillzFan

I don't like being a downer, but while everyone sees a great catch, I see a really bad throw which, if it were more accurate, would have given Stevie the inside lane to take it up the field.

Agreed. I remember (2005?) Moulds made a great one handed catch from Losman.... one of the worst throws in the world, but also one of the best catches. Really one of the moments that proved Losman shouldn't be playing.

This logic discredits every acrobatic reception ever made.

This logic discredits every acrobatic reception ever made.

Eh I dont think thats true.. Santonio Holmes catch in the superbowl comes to mind.. perfect throw and catch.

Also Lee Evans helmet grab.

When I click on the link above, I get "video is no longer available" :(