Newly Available Vet FAs as of June 1st.

Take a look at this list. The Bills already snapped up former Steeler OG D. Legursky. Could they be looking at signing one or more of these guys at a reasonable price prior to their July 2013 training camp??

OFFENSIVE PLAYERS

OG Brandon Moore

RB Jackie Battle (big back)

RB Peyton Hillis (big back)

RB Cedric Benson (big back)

TE Dallas Clark

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS

CB N. Clements

CB Sheldon Brown

SS Madieu Williams

SS C. Hope (former Steeler)

LB Keith Brooking

LB Leroy Hill

DT Sedrick Ellis

DT Rocky Bernard

DT Richard Seymour

NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/teams-pass-on-chance-to-squat-on-160-ufas/

RB J. Battle is still young (29) and is 6'-2"/238 lbs. He carried the ball for SD at the goal line and in short yardage situations. He would complement Spiller and Jackson wel and should be able a cheap signing.

CB S. Brown is 34, but is still a pretty good cover CB. I say throw him into the mix of CBs that already includes: Gilmore/McKelvin/Brooks/Rogers/Butler/Robey/A. Williams/D. Williams.

What happened to Sed Ellis? Wasn't he suppose to be all-world coming out of college?

hes been pretty "meh" for the saints.

can flash potential now and again but never struck me as a guy that "wants it" as much as someone that is just happy to be there.

What happened to Sed Ellis? Wasn't he suppose to be all-world coming out of college?

hes been pretty "meh" for the saints.

can flash potential now and again but never struck me as a guy that "wants it" as much as someone that is just happy to be there.

In recent years it seems the bust rate for highly-drafted interior D-linemen is pretty high. Some of them aren't catastrophes but very few of them live up to the hype.

Suh has, McCoy not as much. Dareus not so far. Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, Amobe Okoye have been disappointing.

Fairley has yet to arrive.

BJ Raji was very good his first two years and not so good his last two.

I think the moral of the story is that DT and NT are hard positions to transition to from college to the NFL.

Thanks for posting this list! I'd take Benson or Hillis, a big back with some speed who could come in for Spiller and Freddy, and also take goaline carries, etc. I'd also like some more LB depth, and Dallas Clark would be a good addition also, seeing as the only player we know will be ready day 1 is a rookie.

Peyton Hillis would be an ideal west coast FB, he would be a 3 down player that wouldn't tip the offenses hand the way Mcintyer did.

Visions of Rathman and Alsott run through my head. ( :wub: :wub: :wub: )

I'd be very okay with that, he only touched the ball about 100 times last year, is only 27 and image the backfield, how do you defend it when out of nowhere Hillis, CJ and Jackson are out there together. Now convince him he's a FB

I'd def take Leroy Hill for depth at ILB. Assuming of course the Bills aren't concerned with his legal troubles.

Say no to drugs!

Just saw this thread after posting in the compensatory picks thread. Is Clements worth bringing in for a tryout on this green secondary?

No

I'd be very okay with that, he only touched the ball about 100 times last year, is only 27 and image the backfield, how do you defend it when out of nowhere Hillis, CJ and Jackson are out there together. Now convince him he's a FB

Have you found a cure for fumbleitis?

Just say "no" to all of the re-treads...IMHO, the only one worth a desperation stop gap signing would be Clark. He's old, but the dude simply produces. We have some youth, that may surprise us, behind Spiller/Jackson/Choice. There are also about 150 other playes that fall into this category now that June 1 has passed and soon to be more on the market after cut downs. I just don't see the need to jump out there right now.

No one has picked up Nate Clements yet?

lol

CBF

I've heard of him. Get 'er done Buddy...I mean Whaley. Man, that doesn't work quite as well. We need something new.

But seriously, I don't really see anything here that would be really groundbreaking. Maybe Dallas Clark on the cheap to help fill in if Chandler has to start on PUP. I too would be waiting for camp cuts, since at that point the Bills might be able to peel off a few promising young players other teams let go.

Yeah Dallas is a no brainer. Especially if EJ starts. The TE depth is weak and I'd be nice to have a solid safety valve.

My guess is Dallas may be waiting for a spot on a contender to open up.

Is he a head case, and can he block? If the answers are no and yes, then okay.