Vanderjagt Running His Mouth Again

Rico

What An Idiot :w00t:

``I think they're not as good as the beginning of the year, not as good as last year. And I think they're beatable,'' Vanderjagt said of the Pats during a late-night television appearance in Indianapolis Sunday. ``We have to play well. There's no question about that. But I think we're going to come back (to Indianapolis) Sunday night going to the AFC title game.''

Added Vanderjagt: ``I think they're ripe for the picking.''

When apprised of the quasi-guarantee, several Pats players just smiled.

``That's great for Vanderjagt. Hopefully, he makes it the next time,'' said linebacker Willie McGinest [news], apparently referring to the game-tying field goal Vanderjagt missed at the end of the Pats' season-opening win in Foxboro. ``We don't really care about the guarantees and the stuff they're saying. They have a right to be confident. They're playing really good ball. We have all the respect for them in the world. It's going to be a dogfight.''

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi [news] showed even more perspective.

``You're asking me to comment on what a kicker said?'' asked Bruschi, laughing. ``It doesn't really concern me. OK?''

``You're asking me to comment on what a kicker said?'' asked Bruschi, laughing. ``It doesn't really concern me. OK?''

This quote from Bruschi sums it up perfectly! That being said I hope the Colts can pull out an upset!

This quote from Bruschi sums it up perfectly! That being said I hope the Colts can pull out an upset!

201646[/snapback]

Aqua Teen Hunger Force !

I don't think comments before the game will have any bearing on the outcome of the game. Both are great teams, both will come to play, best team will win. Looking forward to it.

201676[/snapback]

It has a bearing because it's a huge locker room distraction. Their kicker just wrote a check his teamates now have to cash. If I was a member of the starting offense or defense I would want to rip his head off. I think these comments will have a bearing (distracting his team and prodding the Patriots) and will make their task that much more difficult.

As much as I hate the Pats, I have to admit that Bruschi guy is pretty cool. That being said, I hope the Colts kick the crap out of them this weekend........in spite of their kicker's big trap.