Guy catches a tarpon, shark has other plans...

Fishing charter in the 1000 islands, my wife gets a perch and near the boat a nice size muskie grabs it. Had the muskie on the line for a few minutes, but he wasn't hooked, only had the perch in his mouth. Got him alongside the boat and he spit it out and swam away. Damn!!! Not much left of the perch.

When we were kids boatfishing in the St. Lawrence my Dad caught a Northern and put it on his stringer.

When he pulled in the stringer later on to put another fish on he found that the pike had caught another panfish which was still in its mouth.

Thing must have been hungry.

To the video, those guys were acting almost like they'd seen that happen before.

Was in Tavernier Key a few weeks back for about a week. It's one Key north of Islamorada - which is a gorgeous part of the world. We went out every day trying to get tarpon... no luck. Saw a lot of them, as they were migrating at that time, but they weren't buying what we were selling. They are huge fish and put up a great fight. My son and I took a break and went in the backcountry fly fishing one day just to change up a bit. I caught a 26" Redfish, which was perfect. You have to toss 'em back when they reach 27".

Was in Tavernier Key a few weeks back for about a week. It's one Key north of Islamorada - which is a gorgeous part of the world. We went out every day trying to get tarpon... no luck. Saw a lot of them, as they were migrating at that time, but they weren't buying what we were selling. They are huge fish and put up a great fight. My son and I took a break and went in the backcountry fly fishing one day just to change up a bit. I caught a 26" Redfish, which was perfect. You have to toss 'em back when they reach 27".

I've had redfish at a cajun restaurant. I guess it's like a saltwater carp but it was pretty tasty.

Apparently the other real common game fish down in that area is bonefish which are supposedly excellent fighting fish.

Jealous that you've had the experience of fishing down there. It's on the bucket list.

I've had redfish at a cajun restaurant. I guess it's like a saltwater carp but it was pretty tasty.

Apparently the other real common game fish down in that area is bonefish which are supposedly excellent fighting fish.

Jealous that you've had the experience of fishing down there. It's on the bucket list.

Do it. If you ever get the chance, just do it. You can have a blast! :thumbsup:

Bonefish are spooky as hell. We went after them too, but there's a lot of pressure on them these days and they're really hard to get.

I don't know how many times I've come to off the wall and skimmed through the thread titles and read this one as "man catches a tampon."

That could get pretty bloody too!

Do it. If you ever get the chance, just do it. You can have a blast! :thumbsup:

Bonefish are spooky as hell. We went after them too, but there's a lot of pressure on them these days and they're really hard to get.

Someday soon hopefully Nanker.

I wasn't aware that the bonefish had become harder to find.

Fishing in Nth Qld, mate caught a ray. Spent forever bringing it up off the bottom. Getting it to the boat and a salty paddled over & just took it. We cut the line quick, said nothing, but moved away quick. Good sized salty.