Nice to see our politicians taking the long view:

Selfish bastard.

"Why stir up a political hornet's nest .... when there is no urgency?" said Rep. Rob Simmons (Conn.), who represents a competitive district. "When does the program go belly up? 2042. I will be dead by then"

201538[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my district's congressman. :w00t:

He'll also be collecting a cushy gov't pension for the rest of his life. Why should he worry?

SS is the biggest gov't-raided Ponzi scheme ever concocted. I'll cry no tears for the future when it goes insolvent.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my district's congressman.  :doh:

He'll also be collecting a cushy gov't pension for the rest of his life. Why should he worry?

SS is the biggest gov't-raided Ponzi scheme ever concocted. I'll cry no tears for the future when it goes insolvent.

201617[/snapback]

If this farg thinks it's hard NOW imagine when it DOES go kaput...right in the middle of when I would be collecting.

So tell me again why I should care what blue-hairs now need when MY future is at stake?

See why Social Security's a mess, Losman-McGahee-Evans? It's a mess because it was ill-conceived to begin with!

If this farg thinks it's hard NOW imagine when it DOES go kaput...right in the middle of when I would be collecting.

So tell me again why I should care what blue-hairs now need when MY future is at stake?

See why Social Security's a mess, Losman-McGahee-Evans? It's a mess because it was ill-conceived to begin with!

201741[/snapback]

Well why don't you just accept the fact it is just another tax that you do not get back and agree to never accept any benefits from it in the future.