NFL Coaches Power Rankings

These rankings look to be the makings of someone who had nothing else to write about. I have an idea! I'll compare every coach that has been in the league for the past 10 years to the 6 others guys that were just hired. BRILLIANT!

I could care less where they rank Marrone or anyone for that matter. Except Bellichek, he shouldn't be number 1. Take your pick of the Harbaugh's as #1.

Edited by The Wiz

It is certainly tough to judge the new guys but there are a few current head coaches (ie Munchak, Rivera and Garrett off the top of my head) that haven't proven to be too good. I would rather have the unknown in any these rookie coaches than 1 of those guys.

Looks like they ranked all the newbies (except Dennis Allen) as last. Of the newbies he ranked behind Trestman and Kelly...whatever. :rolleyes:

Which is ok. Kelly comes from a pretty successful Oregon program and Trestman won the cup across the Falls and has built some good/great offense in the NFL in the past.

These rankings look to be the makings of someone who had nothing else to write about. I have an idea! I'll compare every coach that has been in the league for the past 10 years to the 6 others guys that were just hired. BRILLIANT!

Yeah!! How can they rank Marrone yet when he hasn't yet coached a single game in the NFL??

Now pardon me as I head on over to the "what great past NFL coach does Marrone remind you of?" thread.....

Even taking out the bone-headedness of including rookies, or anybody that hasn't coached for more than 3 years, the list is still screwed up. How can the two coaches that won more SuperBowls in the last 10 years be behind the Harbaughs (1 SB win) and Belichick (1 SB win). Coughlin and Tomlin should be #1 and #2 just on that. Neither had HOF QBs like Belichick and, likely, Payton. And, sorry Bills fans, both played in tougher divisions than the Pats. The Pats consistenly have the easiest schedule in the because of that. Belichick hasn't won a SB since 2004. My top 5 with guys with more than 5 years at the helm:

#1 Mike Tomlin (2 SB wins from a tough division)

#2 Tom Coughlin (ditto)

#3 John Harbaugh (1 SB and consistently good record in a tough division)

#4 John Fox (turned two teams around and even was able to win with Tebow at QB)

#5 Mike Smith (5 straight winning seasons that brought the Falcons back from the dead in a tough division)

Payton's suspension alone takes him off my list.

He hasn't coached a game yet, so it would make sense he would start near the bottom. Doesn't mean much. I would consider him successful if he brings this team to an 8 win season, and I'll bet most power ranking would rank him in the top 15 if he did that. You don't get a big leg up on the rankings until you show something warranting it. Don't worry, the guy has to get a chance to bring his team onto the field and show what he's got.

Golly, I thought I got excited about lists. You take it to a whole new level.

sorry...I can't help myself

It's June. I try to post any national stories that have anything to do with the Bills. I can only spend so much time talking about who will start at QB week 1. We are so far away from that