Progressives tout California Health care "success"

well he certainly wouldn't be a copier boy in the private sector.

Let's not completely sell him down the road. Surely he can sort paper and hit a button.

In all seriousness, when I'm saying he couldn't survive in the private sector, I'm not talking about when he's done being President. What I'm saying is this: if Barack Obama left college to get a job at, say, a Fortune 1000 company, he'd be the copier boy for years. At their most basic level, private sector employees have three oft-repeated, yet truthful choices. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Obama has proven that he is clearly not two of those. He has no interest in being what anyone in the private sector would consider a leader, and he has no interest in getting out of the way because his ego wouldn't permit it. Anyone paying attention to him sees him not just as a follower, but understands that the reason he enjoys being a follower is so he can safely and effortlessly ride the outcome to a personally satisfying end. If the person he is following succeeds, he will quickly take credit. If the person he is following fails, he has someone to blame.

As a follower, you are often designated tasks: "I need this copied. I need this written up. I need these events to take place." But while he's too lazy to lead, his ego convinces him menial tasks are below him, so when asked for a status on the things he has been tasked to accomplish, he begins explaining how a number of things conspired to keep him from being successful.

In the private sector, people like that ultimately end up in the copier room. If Barack Obama were a white man, he'd be in the copier room right now.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, let's not sell Barry short. He could rise higher in the private sector. Let's remember the words of Joe Biden.................

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," that's a storybook, man."

Let's not completely sell him down the road. Surely he can sort paper and hit a button.

In all seriousness, when I'm saying he couldn't survive in the private sector, I'm not talking about when he's done being President. What I'm saying is this: if Barack Obama left college to get a job at, say, a Fortune 1000 company, he'd be the copier boy for years. At their most basic level, private sector employees have three oft-repeated, yet truthful choices. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Obama has proven that he is clearly not two of those. He has no interest in being what anyone in the private sector would consider a leader, and he has no interest in getting out of the way because his ego wouldn't permit it. Anyone paying attention to him sees him not just as a follower, but understands that the reason he enjoys being a follower is so he can safely and effortlessly ride the outcome to a personally satisfying end. If the person he is following succeeds, he will quickly take credit. If the person he is following fails, he has someone to blame.

As a follower, you are often designated tasks: "I need this copied. I need this written up. I need these events to take place." But while he's too lazy to lead, his ego convinces him menial tasks are below him, so when asked for a status on the things he has been tasked to accomplish, he begins explaining how a number of things conspired to keep him from being successful.

In the private sector, people like that ultimately end up in the copier room. If Barack Obama were a white man, he'd be in the copier room right now.

he was teaching constitutional law to some of the brightest law students in the country at a top law school. might not be impressive to you, but it is to many others. few would consider such a position an outright failure except perhaps a few that post here regularly. money is not the only measure of success. it's just easily measured. and as i said, he's other accomplishments make it likely he could have succeeded by this measure as well.

he was teaching constitutional law to some of the brightest law students in the country at a top law school. might not be impressive to you, but it is to many others. few would consider such a position an outright failure except perhaps a few that post here regularly. money is not the only measure of success. it's just easily measured. and as i said, he's other accomplishments make it likely he could have succeeded by this measure as well.

He wasn't a teacher. He was an adjunct teacher. An assistant. A follower.

And again, you're running down the wrong rabbit hole. I never said he wasn't successful. He's wildly successful. But if he was white, he'd be in the basement making copies right now.

He wasn't a teacher. He was an adjunct teacher. An assistant. A follower.

And again, you're running down the wrong rabbit hole. I never said he wasn't successful. He's wildly successful. But if he was white, he'd be in the basement making copies right now.

ah, so there we have it... who is being envious now? and is the corollary that if you were black then you would be as successful as he? you've just illustrated what most have long ago accepted: much of the anger against obama is race inspired. btw, i gather you don't know much about academic heirarchy. he had a very desirable position. probably not to you, but thank goodness, not everyone values the same things.

So you're refuting the Fortune 1000 claim with a University adjunct position?

ah, so there we have it... who is being envious now? and is the corollary that if you were black then you would be as successful as he? you've just illustrated what most have long ago accepted: much of the anger against obama is race inspired. btw, i gather you don't know much about academic heirarchy. he had a very desirable position. probably not to you, but thank goodness, not everyone values the same things.

Don't be ridiculous. I couldn't give a crap if he was purple. Incompetence comes in all colors. But I do appreciate how you deflect the fact that I've got your logistically cornered with the always-predictable liberal chant of "Aha! You are a racist!"

We can only gather you don't know much about how being black or, y'know, 1/32th Cherokee, gives you a Fast Pass ticket up the university hierarchy so schools can promote diversity. His position was desirable because it was a well-paid job where lazy people stand around trying to show the world how smart they are. It could be done by a skunk.

Edited by LABillzFan

Get ready for the Obamacare ad blitz

The new health care law will be pitched to the people soon, and it has a $684 million marketing budget backing it up.

If the country isn't sold on Obamacare yet, it may be soon.

Get ready to be inundated with marketing and advertising for the new health care law. At least $684 million is expected to be spent promoting it and getting people to sign up, The Associated Press reports, citing data from federal and state sources.

Several ad firms have been busy coming up with messages to sell the Affordable Care Act to the 16% of Americans who are uninsured. Most of them still don't know much about Obamacare, surveys say.

The ad barrage is expected to begin before October, when people can sign up for the program. The spots will run across radio, television and social media. Some states will see volunteers go door-to-door to spread the word.

http://money.msn.com...macare-ad-blitz

Don't be ridiculous. I couldn't give a crap if he was purple. Incompetence comes in all colors. But I do appreciate how you deflect the fact that I've got your logistically cornered with the always-predictable liberal chant of "Aha! You are a racist!"

We can only gather you don't know much about how being black or, y'know, 1/32th Cherokee, gives you a Fast Pass ticket up the university hierarchy so schools can promote diversity. His position was desirable because it was a well-paid job where lazy people stand around trying to show the world how smart they are. It could be done by a skunk.

so what did you really mean when you said "but if he was white"? did you really mean "but what if he were purple"? i thought not. you meant what you wrote.yeah, intellectuals are a waste of space. case in point, the ones in the picture i linked to that worked on the manhattan project. self important pompous asses...who needs em!

So you're refuting the Fortune 1000 claim with a University adjunct position?

see the UC Law statement. again, that's distinguished enough to impress me. not surprised if it doesn't impress you.http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/obama-a-constitutional-law-professor/

Edited by birdog1960

see the UC Law statement. again, that's distinguished enough to impress me. not surprised if it doesn't impress you.http://www.factcheck...-law-professor/

It's not about being impressed dipshit. It's about comparing apples to apples.

An adjunct professor position is no closer to a job with a fortune 1000 company than President of the US is.

It's not about being impressed dipshit. It's about comparing apples to apples.

An adjunct professor position is no closer to a job with a fortune 1000 company than President of the US is.

it's about achievement. seems that only counts with you all if it's accomplished in business. i fundamentally disagree and expect that he likely could achieve similar results in the business world (despite what you may believe, academia at this level is often cutthroat and very competitive) once again going nowhere fast here...

Edited by birdog1960

it's about acheivement. seems that only counts with you all if it's accomplished in business. i fundamentally disagree and expect that he likely could acheive similar results in the business world (despite what you may believe, academia at this level is often cutthroat and very competitive) once again going nowhere fast here...

Sweet God... what in the blue hell makes you believe he'd excell in business? He abhors business. He actively works to undermine business wholesale, and demonizes businessmen for their good business practices. Furthermore, every business venture he's engaged in from his Oval perch has litterally hemoraged money, and ultimately either gone bankrupt, or come back to the government trough for second and third helpings.

Where's the evidence?

it's about acheivement. seems that only counts with you all if it's accomplished in business. i fundamentally disagree and expect that he likely could acheive similar results in the business world (despite what you may believe, academia at this level is often cutthroat and very competitive) once again going nowhere fast here...

It's incredible that you can function in daily life without seriously injuring yourself or others.

It's incredible that you can function in daily life without seriously injuring yourself or others.

i was thinking the very same thing about you and la. but then again you are conservatives. for the last sevral national election cycles, self flagellation seems quite popular in that group.

it's about achievement. seems that only counts with you all if it's accomplished in business. i fundamentally disagree and expect that he likely could achieve similar results in the business world (despite what you may believe, academia at this level is often cutthroat and very competitive) once again going nowhere fast here...

Similar results as "adjunct professor" would be roughly equivalent to managing a Wal-Mart.

i was thinking the very same thing about you and la. but then again you are conservatives. for the last sevral national election cycles, self flagellation seems quite popular in that group.

See I don't exactly agree with LA's stated point. I would probably be a little more narrow in my hyperbole suggesting that Obama wouldn't be successful Running a Fortune 1000 business. I think schmoozing, and being a popular guy can make take you to a certain level of success in private business. Many companies have worthless mid-level managers and even some pretty worthless VP's. Sometimes unfortunately it's not about what you do or even can do, it's about what you don't !@#$ up. So if he could just manage to skim by while schmoozing the right upper management sponsor, while never really accomplishing anything but at the same time not !@#$ing up anything serious, he could probably have what many people would consider a successful career in private business.

But it's apparent that you don't even understand his point.

Similar results as "adjunct professor" would be roughly equivalent to managing a Wal-Mart.

he was offered tenure track for full professorship multiple times. his contemporaries at the same level are now highly disguished lawyers. i'm thinking the equivalent of lead counsel for a fortune 500 company if you insist on quantifying only in those terms.

See I don't exactly agree with LA's stated point. I would probably be a little more narrow in my hyperbole suggesting that Obama wouldn't be successful Running a Fortune 1000 business. I think schmoozing, and being a popular guy can make take you to a certain level of success in private business. Many companies have worthless mid-level managers and even some pretty worthless VP's. Sometimes unfortunately it's not about what you do or even can do, it's about what you don't !@#$ up. So if he could just manage to skim by while schmoozing the right upper management sponsor, while never really accomplishing anything but at the same time not !@#$ing up anything serious, he could probably have what many people would consider a successful career in private business.

But it's apparent that you don't even understand his point.

perhaps, he doesn't care what many people consider important. maybe he's concerned with what he finds important. now that's something that i hold out little hope for you understanding.

perhaps, he doesn't care what many people consider important. maybe he's concerned with what he finds important. now that's something that i hold out little hope for you understanding.

If he doesn't care what other people find important, it precludes him from being a good businessman. It also, incidentally, precludes him from being a good President.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

so what did you really mean when you said "but if he was white"?

The Barack Obamas and Elizabeth Warrens of the world get by more on race than talent. Or try this...I recently was bidding a large job in Houston and have a colleague there who has an office set up, but wasn't bidding the job. I contacted him to see if we could arrange for my company to set up a worker at a desk until I got my operations up. My colleague was more than happy to assist, and then explained to me that one of my competitors had reached out to him as well because my colleague is black, and the customer requesting bids gives points and an advantage if you have a black-owned anything tied to your contract.

My competitor wasn't really qualified or competent enough to win the job on merit, so he found an edge that, quite honestly, I would be too embarrassed to even think about, let alone pursue.

If Barack Obama were white, Hillary Clinton would have destroyed him. Even Barack Obama knows this.

The Barack Obamas and Elizabeth Warrens of the world get by more on race than talent. Or try this...I recently was bidding a large job in Houston and have a colleague there who has an office set up, but wasn't bidding the job. I contacted him to see if we could arrange for my company to set up a worker at a desk until I got my operations up. My colleague was more than happy to assist, and then explained to me that one of my competitors had reached out to him as well because my colleague is black, and the customer requesting bids gives points and an advantage if you have a black-owned anything tied to your contract.

My competitor wasn't really qualified or competent enough to win the job on merit, so he found an edge that, quite honestly, I would be too embarrassed to even think about, let alone pursue.

so in summation: i perceived that i lost a bid to to reverse discrimination.obama beat clinton. clinton is white and obama black. obama beat clinIf Barack Obama were white, Hillary Clinton would have destroyed him. Even Barack Obama knows this.

so in summation: i perceived that i lost a bid due to reverse discrimination.obama beat clinton. clinton is white and obama black. therefore, obama won because he is black.makes perfect sense...it's so obvious. why doesn't everyone think like that?

Edited by birdog1960