Seeing the Stranglers tonight

I have to work late so I may miss some of the show. They are in Boston at the Brighton Music Hall, a fairly intimate venue. I didn't know they were still around, much less touring.

I loved these guys for years but I wonder if age and missing Hugh Cornwell will diminish them. I saw New Order on Jimmy Kimmel a while back and was aghast at how bad they were.

Any Stranglers fans here?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have to work late so I may miss some of the show. They are in Boston at the Brighton Music Hall, a fairly intimate venue. I didn't know they were still around, much less touring.

I loved these guys for years but I wonder if age and missing Hugh Cornwell will diminish them. I saw New Order on Jimmy Kimmel a while back and was aghast at how bad they were.

Any Stranglers fans here?

PTR

saw they had "re-formed" though, hopefully, not "reformed." they have a new album out.

not sure how much they can deliver at this stage of their career, but i can say this: saw them on Halloween night in the early 80s at the old and now closed and converted into a TV studio Concert Hall in Toronto. what a frightening and intense show. the smell of black leather in the crowd was very memorable, too.

hope you enjoy.

jw

Saw the Stranglers at the Continental in lovely Buffalo, NY many, many years ago...probably somewhere between 1983-1987...they were great then!

A Stranglers classic...great for any summer mix-tape...

Edited by Buftex

Sitting in the parking lot. Just got out of the show. Awesome! Well worth it. Here is the set list:

Toiler on the Sea, Goodbye Tulouse, Get a Grip, Norfolk Coast, Nuclear Device, Freedom is Insane, Mercury Rising (new song), Peaches, Relentless, Golden Brown , Skin Deep, Always the Sun, Walk on By, Burning Time, Nice & Sleazy, Hey! Rise of the Robots, Who Wants the World, Time Was Once on my Side, Duchess, No More Heroes ..... Encore: Something Better Change, Tank, Hanging Around.

10168_10151662902102604_26701438_n.jpg

Didn't do The Raven, unfortunately. Had to laugh at the gray hair in the mosh pit.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sitting in the parking lot. Just got out of the show. Awesome! Well worth it. Peaches, Dutchess,Nice n Sleazy, Skin Deep, Always the Sun, Do What You Want, No More Heroes, etc. Didn't do The Raven, unfortunately. Had to laugh at the gray hair mosh pit.

PTR

Fug the kids...they don't know how to rock any more! :thumbsup: