Nice Write Up About Gilmore

Thanks for posting, Brawndo! Nice read!

They need to take the check they have ready to give to our free safety, change the name, and put it aside for a year or two for this kid...Byrd is a nice luxury, but Gilmore will likely end up being a necessity.

Thanks for posting, Brawndo! Nice read!

They need to take the check they have ready to give to our free safety, change the name, and put it aside for a year or two for this kid...Byrd is a nice luxury, but Gilmore will likely end up being a necessity.

one of the reasons I'm all for trading Byrd and getting a few draft picks for him. This kid will want some serious cash in a few years. If we are not pro active about it starting way before it happens, we might end up with another Clements situation.

one of the reasons I'm all for trading Byrd and getting a few draft picks for him. This kid will want some serious cash in a few years. If we are not pro active about it starting way before it happens, we might end up with another Clements situation.

Exactly and I'm sick to death of always having to draft CBs...we have one who looks to be a stud, so let him develop a bit more and solidify his status as a top young corner, and then pay the kid his market value when the time is right. I'll take a top 10 corner over a top 10 safety any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"He only had one interception last year, but added four forced fumbles. Fumbles are very difficult to predict, but Gilmore forced his fumbles after receivers caught the ball when he located it and punched it free with his hands. His overwhelming physicality means he should be able to continually separate the football from overmatched receivers in space.

As an aggressor, with phenomenal physical traits and refined technique, Gilmore only needs to improve his consistency slightly and prove his longevity if he is to land alongside Richard Sherman and Darrelle Revis in that exclusive top tier of NFL cornerbacks. Much like Sherman, Gilmore’s play was overlooked during his rookie season, while he has every opportunity to earn greater recognition next year with the arrival of new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine.

Pettine will see some Revis’ traits in Gilmore and could look to use his coverage ability in more aggressive ways. This, with the benefit of what will presumably be better coaching, could elevate Gilmore to previously unforeseen heights." -excerpt from the article

I gotta say this, I thought the kid was great last season. But I'd come on here and read so much crap from many posters, I began to think I was over-rating him -even for being a rookie. Every game, I paid particular attention to him and while he was flagged for a number of PI calls, he was there with his guy. Of course, that was the catalyst for many TSWers to label him a BUST, but I saw really great promise from game to game. I'm glad to read this unbiased, expert evaluation. Maybe I'm not so stupid after all?? Nah, I am..

Pettine's addition -with his expertise with Revis, has me VERY excited about a long overdue turnaround for the Bills!

Calls him one of the best CBs in the game.

Nice breakdown of each game from his rookie season

http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/04/stephon-gilmore-an-elite-cornerback-lost-in-the-failings-of-the-buffalo-bills/

Thanks for posting this. Clearly, a great pick in the draft. Lets hope the Bills lock him up for time to come when they have to and don't end up in a Byrd scenario.

Great write up...thanks for posting Brawndo.

Confirms what I felt I was seeing throughout the season:

- Early struggles, specifically in zone coverage, but much better when playing in press man

- Significant improvement after the SF game

- Consistently asked to play man-man against other team's top option

- Has a nose for forcing fumbles

Love this kid...I think he's going to be a great player for a long time

Exactly and I'm sick to death of always having to draft CBs...we have one who looks to be a stud, so let him develop a bit more and solidify his status as a top young corner, and then pay the kid his market value when the time is right. I'll take a top 10 corner over a top 10 safety any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Drafting top 10 defensive backs is great. Why the hostility?

We can thank the Carolina Panthers that Gilmore is on our team. We were all over Kuechly last year until they snapped him up.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm sure they're fine with it, they got the defensive rookie of the year.