Bradley Manning trial

And the chopper crew, what are they to you? Heroes?

Don't try to put your words - or anything else for that matter- in my mouth.

Try running your campaign to get your hero BO to stop the needless carnage that he's continuing to persue in I and A. He's been CIC long enough to have the blood of THOUSANDS on his hands, yet no one is calling his ass out on it. Least of all the hypocritical hounds of The Left.

Don't try to put your words - or anything else for that matter- in my mouth.

Try running your campaign to get your hero BO to stop the needless carnage that he's continuing to persue in I and A. He's been CIC long enough to have the blood of THOUSANDS on his hands, yet no one is calling his ass out on it. Least of all the hypocritical hounds of The Left.

You have got to be f-ing kidding me...yes, Barack Hussein's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

How can you even stomach calling anyone else a hypocrite?

You have got to be f-ing kidding me...yes, Barack Hussein's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

So you are having trouble with the phrase "continuing to pursue" Gene ?

thats the only explanation for your shallow reply.

So you are having trouble with the phrase "continuing to pursue" Gene ?

thats the only explanation for your shallow reply.

It's kind of like the IRS admitting it intentionally targeted specific politic groups to harass and silence them.

It's okay because, y'know, it was a Bush appointee.

2001 - 2008 412 Americans KIA in Afghanistan.

2009 - 2013 1,354 Americans KIA in Afghanistan.

Zero outrage for BO.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm under the impression that the military has its own code of law that's considerably different than civil law. it might be one thing to try to bring questionable activity to light once one is out of the military, but while still serving it's another matter altogether. in addition, Manning is said to have released thousands of documents to wikileaks, including troop placements and intel. if you're passsing along sensitive information like that to someone who will make it public, you may as well be handing it directly to the enemy. he's in for a world of trouble.

He's being tried under the UCMJ, but about half the charges are violations of civil law, covered under the general clause of the UCMJ.

The big one is UCMJ 104 - aiding the enemy. That's the one for which he could theoretically dance Danny Deever. It's also the biggest stretch - it requires the prosecution to argue that Manning explicitly intended to aid "the enemy" (who "the enemy" is doesn't seem to be specified, that I can find) because he knew "the enemy" had internet access. Given he leaked a multitude of BS on issues including memos concerning relations with countries we are NOT at war at, and did so in a manner that doesn't explicitly demonstrate intent to do so ("knowing the enemy has internet access" is a bit specious by way of intent - and yes, explicit demonstration of intent is required, by precedent)...good luck making that charge stick.

Certainly guilty of violating the Espionage Act, though...which puts him in violation of a couple of others, as well. And he's guilty of being a general all-around douchebag punk., But "aiding the enemy" is ridiculous.

I want to know how this yahoo got a clearance to begin with. I wouldn't trust him with a grocery list.

He's being tried under the UCMJ, but about half the charges are violations of civil law, covered under the general clause of the UCMJ.

The big one is UCMJ 104 - aiding the enemy. That's the one for which he could theoretically dance Danny Deever. It's also the biggest stretch - it requires the prosecution to argue that Manning explicitly intended to aid "the enemy" (who "the enemy" is doesn't seem to be specified, that I can find) because he knew "the enemy" had internet access. Given he leaked a multitude of BS on issues including memos concerning relations with countries we are NOT at war at, and did so in a manner that doesn't explicitly demonstrate intent to do so ("knowing the enemy has internet access" is a bit specious by way of intent - and yes, explicit demonstration of intent is required, by precedent)...good luck making that charge stick.

Certainly guilty of violating the Espionage Act, though...which puts him in violation of a couple of others, as well. And he's guilty of being a general all-around douchebag punk., But "aiding the enemy" is ridiculous.

I want to know how this yahoo got a clearance to begin with. I wouldn't trust him with a grocery list.

Typical, Monday loving homophobe. You Wednesdays make me sick!

And last I heard of the helicopter crew no charges have been filed even though they clearly broke Geneva conventions of treatment of wounded and civilians. Not to mention the callous indifference when they witnessed children being removed from the van they blew up. Farking disgrace

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

And last I heard of the helicopter crew no charges have been filed even though they clearly broke Geneva conventions of treatment of wounded and civilians. Not to mention the callous indifference when they witnessed children being removed from the van they blew up. Farking disgrace

And you obviously know as little about the Geneva Convention as you do every other damn thing you spout off about.

They have been President Obama's wars since the day he took office. George W. Bush has not been President since January 20th of 2009. At what point do you feel President Obama should have to begin taking responsibility for the failures of his terms in office?

Those people are not too bright but they do have some talent. The three dudes have all done some cool stuff but Maggie Gyllenhall plays an attractive chick in almost every movie she is in. Now THAT is acting.

I call it more 'suspension of disbelief'. She's got one hell of a horse face.

They have been President Obama's wars since the day he took office. George W. Bush has not been President since January 20th of 2009. At what point do you feel President Obama should have to begin taking responsibility for the failures of his terms in office?

Now you're just pissing in the wind. You're trying to discuss accountability to a person who is a card-carrying member of the United Brotherhood of It's Someone Else's Damn Fault. This is a party that is so ridiculously unaccountable for anything, that when the IRS actually admits that it harassed free citizens with opposing political and religious views into silence, the first response remains "Well, the IRS was led by a Bush appointee."

I call it more 'suspension of disbelief'. She's got one hell of a horse face.

I have to give her some credit along with her male co-stars. I mean she is BUTT UGLY and she goes around in these Hollywood hits with all these men chasing after her. She is completely hideous yet somehow.....that's talent. I mean in that Batman movie she had two guys chasing after her and the Joker even seem mildly interested. Everyone said how great the Joker did in that movie and I agree but all three of those guys acted like she was pretty.....Bravo.

It pains me to agree with JtSP...but he's right, Manning shouldn't be charged with aiding and abetting the enemy, or treason. He had no involvement with al Qaeda, he leaked the documents to Wikileaks. Unless he had foreknowledge that the document would benefit al Qaeda, and intent to provide them that benefit, it's a bull **** charge.

But you're still a !@#$ing idiot. What, you think war is sanitary?

So when are you protesting this sentence? Didn't that !@#$ing idiot judge know it's war!

US soldier admits Afghan killings, escapes death

A US soldier pleaded guilty to killing 16 Afghan villagers, in exchange for escaping execution over a chilling massacre he could not explain.

In a plea deal worked out by his lawyers, Sergeant Robert Bales admitted 16 counts of murder over last year's slayings in southern Afghanistan that strained already tense US-Afghan ties.

"I formed the intent to kill and then did kill by shooting with a firearm and burning her," he said, repeating the phrase for each of the 16 murder counts against him.

http://sg.news.yahoo...-024232335.html

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

So when are you protesting this sentence? Didn't that !@#$ing idiot judge know it's war!

US soldier admits Afghan killings, escapes death

A US soldier pleaded guilty to killing 16 Afghan villagers, in exchange for escaping execution over a chilling massacre he could not explain.

In a plea deal worked out by his lawyers, Sergeant Robert Bales admitted 16 counts of murder over last year's slayings in southern Afghanistan that strained already tense US-Afghan ties.

"I formed the intent to kill and then did kill by shooting with a firearm and burning her," he said, repeating the phrase for each of the 16 murder counts against him.

http://sg.news.yahoo...-024232335.html

Did I mention you're an idiot? Maybe you forgot. Let me remind you. You're an idiot.