IRS spends $50,000,000 in conferences from 2010 to 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-woes-grow-report-conference-spending-072518222.html

'The conference spending included $4 million for an August 2010 gathering in Anaheim, Calif., for which the agency did not negotiate lower room rates, even though that is standard government practice, according to a statement by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Instead, some of the 2,600 attendees received benefits, including baseball tickets and stays in presidential suites that normally cost $1,500 to $3,500 per night. In addition, 15 outside speakers were paid a total of $135,000 in fees, with one paid $17,000 to talk about "leadership through art," the House committee said.'

I have no problem giving these guys luxury vacations on tax payer money. They work hard doing a job that everyone hates them for.

(If you're reading this IRS, i fully support anything and everything you feel you must do. All hail the republic!)

You forgot your Social Security number.

Is it sad that 50 million over 2 years for the US government seems like a bargain?

Its not their money, why would you care how you spend it??? It's like other managers at the hospital, always saying you have to spend all of your budget or you get less next fiscal year.... Just spend it on something.... It's the same mentality in a way, not my money not my business, who cares if you waste

I have no problem giving these guys luxury vacations on tax payer money. They work hard doing a job that everyone hates them for.

(If you're reading this IRS, i fully support anything and everything you feel you must do. All hail the republic!)

You don't need to suck up the IRS anymore. The new precedent has been set. If the IRS wants to audit you, you just need to say you did nothing wrong, stop answering any other questions, and then sit at home watching "Let's Make A Deal!" while collecting a paycheck.

You don't need to suck up the IRS anymore. The new precedent has been set. If the IRS wants to audit you, you just need to say you did nothing wrong, stop answering any other questions, and then sit at home watching "Let's Make A Deal!" get re-elected to Congress in NYS while collecting a paycheck.

Fixed