[OT] Top Five Shows On TV

ubhockey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you never actually *watched* the show, and are basing your comments on either the movie (which was terrible) or the title.

http://www.tvtome.com/BuffytheVampireSlayer/

and

and

But yeah, the show sucked :doh:

CW

201550[/snapback]

Since when do critics know anything?

90% of critically acclaimed TV series get s-canned. (Including HOMICIDE, which was one of my favorite TV series EVER).

And fans? Well, of course fans are going to go ga-ga when they're teeny-boppers! :D

1. Deadwood (Only have to watch on my list, don't watch too much TV)

2. Without a Trace

3. The Shield

4. Little Britain (comedy)

5. Spooks (spy drama)

At least in the UK we tend to only get the best of your TV, our own sucks as far as drama/comedy goes.

201652[/snapback]

When I was in London, there was this cool show on channel 4, but I don't remember the name. It was kinda like American Gladiators meets Shadowrun. Basically you brought a team into the game (4 or 5 people?), and you start with a certain amount of money to buy different paintball weapons (grenades, guns, ammo, etc). You were given a mission (infiltrate this building and steal the data disk, etc) and you had to sneak around and kill the bad guys with your weapons, do the mission, and escape. Each mission had one or two "super bad guys" that had great weapons, armor, etc. If you got hit with a paintball yourself, you were dead and the team could spend money to bring you back next round (if they earned enough). It was pretty cool and very enjoyable.

CW

Since when do critics know anything?

90% of critically acclaimed TV series get s-canned. (Including HOMICIDE, which was one of my favorite TV series EVER).

And fans? Well, of course fans are going to go ga-ga when they're teeny-boppers!  :doh:

201674[/snapback]

You didn't answer the quesiton -- have you actually SEEN a season and watched the story archs?

Didn't think so.

You also ignored Firefly and Angel. Buffy wasn't actually on my list (although maybe it should've been).

CW

I've heard a lot about this Rachel Ray chick.  Does anyone have her cookbook?  I was thinking of getting it the other day.  I can't cook squat.

201660[/snapback]

Don't waste your money. You can go to Food Networks website and download all her recipes from the show. They are very easy to follow and make.

What ever happened to Boston Public? Did they cancel that show? That was a good one. Jeri Ryan...mmmmm.... :D

201713[/snapback]

Yeah, another great Fox move. They cancelled the show in the middle of the season with no notice :doh:

It was a bit farfetched, but had its moments.

CW

I've heard a lot about this Rachel Ray chick.  Does anyone have her cookbook?  I was thinking of getting it the other day.  I can't cook squat.

201660[/snapback]

i love the food network. i usually stop when i see rachel ray to see what she's making. i jsut can't stand her personality though. just too bubbly and it seems fake. she does have a great keester though. :doh:

In no particular order:

Mail Call - What show that has guns, grenades, and R. Lee Ermey can't be good?

The Shield - Hard to believe Michael "The Commish" Chiklis is pulling off Detective Vic Mackey - but he is.

Arrested Development - Probably too smart to make it. While it's nothing like "Sports Night", it'll probably suffer a similiar fate.

Scrubs - a brilliant show.

"Deadwood"/"Curb Your Enthusiasm" - I just couldn't choose between them. "The Wire" is close to being on the list but I haven't watched much of it.