[OT] Top Five Shows On TV

ubhockey

EDIT: I meant "What Are Your Top Five" in the subtitle.

1. Boston Legal: Doesn't get the pub like the other ABC shows but it is heads and shoulders above the rest. William Shatner and James Spader are the best duo on television. The show is funny, enlightening and just really enjoyable to watch. [ABC]

2. Alias: I've watched since season one, so I'm glad they've brought the show back to its roots this season. I thought last season was getting away from what made the show successful, and that was the world of a secret gov't agency. [ABC]

3. LOST: Great show although I feel the previews make you think each episode is going to be better that it actual turns out to be. Nevertheless, the show grabs you each week. [ABC]

4. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition & How'd They Do That: Yes, its a little fruity, but it's amazing what these people can do in no time at all and it's a wonderful thing they do for this deserving families. [ABC]

5. CSI: I feel this show has lost it's luster. I used to never miss an episode, now I don't care so much if I do. Grisham is still the man though. I think the spinoffs might have turned me off from the orginal. [CBS]

Honorable Mentions:

6. Law & Order: SVU [NBC]

7. Without a Trace [CBS]

8. Joey [NBC]

9. The Bachelorette [ABC]

10a. 24 [FOX]

10b. Las Vegas [NBC]

In the mid 90s, I used to watch a lot of NBC. Late 90s up until a year or two ago, I was all about CBS. Today, I think ABC has the best programming ... and it's not even close.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. CSI, I don't like the spin offs though.

2. Lost, addicted to this one.

3. Extreme makeover: Home Addition. Love the feel good story stuff.

4. Everybody Loves Raymond, funny show all the way around.

5. 30 minute meals with Rachel Ray. I actually watch a lot of Food TV because I like to cook.

1. Firefly

2. Angel

3. Greg the Bunny

4. Veronica Mars

5. Lost

Unfortunately, the top 3 were cancelled (two by Fox, go figure). Gotta love network execs. :w00t:

Veronica Mars is an *excellent* show though. Highly recommended, especially if you were a fan of Buffy; there's a lot of similarities (although none of it is supernatural).

CW

Of the one's on now...(in no order)

1. Carnivale

2. 24

3. CSI (Vegas)

4. Aqua Teen Hunger Force

5. Still Standing

Probably would have liked Lost, but got into it too late. Also hoping HBO puts out another season of Entourage. Surreal life is climbing up the charts.

I'm gonna pretend that you don't have "Joey" on your extended list.

1. Firefly

2. Angel

3. Greg the Bunny

4. Veronica Mars

5. Lost

Unfortunately, the top 3 were cancelled (two by Fox, go figure).  Gotta love network execs.  :w00t:

Veronica Mars is an *excellent* show though.  Highly recommended, especially if you were a fan of Buffy; there's a lot of similarities (although none of it is supernatural).

CW

201438[/snapback]

Greg the bunny is still on???

Greg the bunny is still on???

201452[/snapback]

No, I said the top three on the list were cancelled. Pissed me off too. :w00t: My wife did buy me the DVD though, and there are a couple of unaired episodes on it (that i havn't watched yet).

CW

1. Lost,

2. Extreme Makeover: Home Ed,

3. Desperate Housewives,

4. The West Wing and

5. nightly news with a big grain of salt

...are about the only things on television I bother to watch. And I'm not overly anxious if I miss them, except Lost is getting more like a can't-miss-or-else-you're-Lost. I watched Alias the first season, missed three episodes of the second, and when I came back, was like :w00t:, and dropped it. No big loss.

(in no particular order)

1. 24: Just fantastic

2. Lost: This one came out of nowhere for me. A fun/mysterious show

3. Simpsons: Still the best comedy on TV.

4. Curb Your Enthusiasm: Still the second best comedy on TV

5. Sopranos: Fell off a bit, but still makes my Must See list

(honerable mention...or off the air)

Drew Carey, Raymond, Seinfeld, Entourage, Survivor, Chapell

1. Pardon The Interruption

2. Howard Stern on E

3. Chappelle Show

4. Curb Your Enthusiasm

5. South Park

Honorable mention: Survivor, American Idol, Littlest Groom :w00t: .

can't think of any other current or semi-current shows that I watch (when aired) on a regular basis... love Sopranos & 24 on DVD.

1. Firefly

2. Angel

3. Greg the Bunny

4. Veronica Mars

5. Lost

Unfortunately, the top 3 were cancelled (two by Fox, go figure).  Gotta love network execs.  :w00t:

Veronica Mars is an *excellent* show though.  Highly recommended, especially if you were a fan of Buffy; there's a lot of similarities (although none of it is supernatural).

CW

201438[/snapback]

Whadda you, a teenage girl or something?

Best shows on TV:

1) CSI - still the king, baby.

2) SportsCenter

3) Modern Marvels - gotta love the history channel

4) O'Reilly factor

5) Emeril Live

And btw, I HATED this week's home makeover. This dumb broad leaves her space-heater on and burns her fricking house down, doesn't have the right insurance so it isn't covered.

OK, so what's her reqard? A 3000+ SF house, a boat, a bed and breakfast and a 70000 scholarship for her kids...not to mention a week vacation at Disney!!

I hate seeing stupidity rewarded like that.

Whadda you, a teenage girl or something?

If by teenage girl you mean "enjoy well written, well acted TV shows as opposed to most of the tripe on nowadays," then the answer would be yes. :w00t:

You make that comment to me, yet list Emerill Live as one of the top five shows? :w00t: Ok... ;)

CW

1...NFL Football

2...Seinfeld reruns

3...Law and Order reruns(all flavors)

4...American Idol...starts tonight!!!(before flaming me, there are very few shows that a family can watch together and this is one my daughter loves :w00t: )

5...Any movie I can find

I'm with you on your top three, I listed shows on network TV that I watch... but Seinfeld reruns rule!!

MythBusters and OverHaulin' on TLC are awesome too! I also like Trama in the ER, also on TLC I think...