"Those were the days" - Jean Stapleton RIP

Just Jack

And a theater legend, where she continued to perform into her 80s. Few people were as universally respected as she in that world.

RIP

Saw her in a musical back in the late '80's. Unfortunately, that voice at the opening of AitF was her real one.

Very good actress. May she RIP.

I catch an episode of that now and again when I'm surfing. That show was decades ahead of its time.

Except that you couldn't make that show nowadays. To much bigotry from the lead character, not enough sense nowadays to accept that it's a show not about bigotry, but about how archaic bigotry is.

And it was an absolutely brilliant show for it...but its like could never be made today.

The following youtube clip is from a scene when she dies. It is very touching and sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvzJZJxSXao

This actually wasn't All in the Family by that time. It was Archie Bunker's Place, which I never watched an episode of........Until one day I was stuck at my friends house and he wasn't home yet and his parents had it on the TV. This episode, in the summer rerun time...........And, it was such a great emotional episode.

This actually wasn't All in the Family by that time. It was Archie Bunker's Place, which I never watched an episode of........Until one day I was stuck at my friends house and he wasn't home yet and his parents had it on the TV. This episode, in the summer rerun time...........And, it was such a great emotional episode.

I thought Archie Bunker's Place was a bit depressing. Not sure why but maybe it's because there was never anyone in there. Or maybe because it was just not the same as All In The Family.