Pro Football Weekly to close

Always sux to see something like this but with the amount of information available at anytime free of charge I can't see anything surviving too much longer that has any type of cost associated with it

I can't believe ESPN Insider is still around...does anyone actually pay for that?

Edited by Max997

Always sux to see something like this but with the amount of information available at anytime free of charge I can't see anything surviving too much longer that has any type of cost associated with it

I can't believe ESPN Insider is still around...does anyone actually pay for that?

There's a ton of things on the internet with a cost associated that do quite well. Because some people fail does not mean that nothing can succeed.

It was the first football weekly that I started to follow back in the early 70s. I liked the in depth reporting and draft previews. Life is evolving and it goes on but sometimes change sucks. I hope he can resurrect it in a streamlined format. Like a daily blog, low cost format. It joins Football Digest, Pro Football Illustrated, Inside Sports, Sporting news and other great sports mags in ceasing to exist. . RIP PFW

You buy a 1 Year ESPN the Magazine Subscription on Amazon for $8 then you get ESPN insider for free. When your ESPN Insider renews at like $100 or something absurd. You cancel. Then you buy ESPN the Magazine Subscription for $8 and you get ESPN insider for free.

Some of the Fantasy Football insider tools and news are actually worth $29. But not $100

Edited by Why So Serious?

You buy a 1 Year ESPN the Magazine Subscription on Amazon for $8 then you get ESPN insider for free. When your ESPN Insider renews at like $100 or something absurd. You cancel. Then you buy ESPN the Magazine Subscription for $8 and you get ESPN insider for free.

Some of the Fantasy Football insider tools and news are actually worth $29. But not $100

The best way to get ESPN Insider is to get a multi-year ESPN the Magazine subscription from DiscountMags.com when they have a special going. I pay about $4/year for the magazine with a sub that expires in 2017. This gives me free access to Insider for next to nothing.

I hope PFW comes back..Enjoyed the print/digital editions for many years.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's very sad. Frustrating that inferior sites (i.e. Walter Football, Bleacher Report) can turn a profit with their sub-par analysis but a quality publication couldn't.

Bleacher Report is a joke. I must admit ( :bag: ) I had subscribed at one point until I got an email with the title "Bills Sign Stud Linebacker" and then I opened the link to see we re-signed Kelsay. I immediately unsubscribed.

The best way to get ESPN Insider is to get a multi-year ESPN the Magazine subscription from DiscountMags.com when they have a special going. I pay about $4/year for the magazine with a sub that expires in 2017. This gives me free access to Insider for next to nothing.

I hope PFW comes back..Enjoyed the print/digital editions for many years.

Yeah I thought I paid $8 but when I checked Amazon now it shows $29.

Either way get a cheap ESPN the Mag subscription.

Bleacher Report is a joke. I must admit ( :bag: ) I had subscribed at one point until I got an email with the title "Bills Sign Stud Linebacker" and then I opened the link to see we re-signed Kelsay. I immediately unsubscribed.

:lol:

Sad news about PFW. I'm a long time devotee but business is a form of Darwinism and ultimately they just weren't competent enough.

Their content was good enough but they were weak on the business end.

To a large degree, businesses succeed and fail by their own merit.

Generating content is expensive, for a paper, a website, radio show, etc. Content is king, and labor intensive.

PTR

Exactly. You need to have content that people are willing to pay for at the price you need to stay in business. I publish a magazine through the PFRA and it is not easy.