There is no QB question

coltrane34

It is obvious that there is no qb delima. Drew has done his best to solidify the fact that he will not be the qb here in buffalo. Get over it....If anyone elso had come into town with such a huge contract and performed soooo poorly they would be run out of town on a rail. Are you kidding, forget everyone else Bledsoe loses games, no excuse me he loses seasons. For three years he has been forcing this team to fight through his mistakes. Can you imagine being an opposing coach and comming into Buffalo? All you have to do is plan a sceme that takes advantage of Bledsoe's miscues ( at least five a game) and you have won.

Bledsoe is the biggest weekness on this team and he will continue to roll over for opponents as long as he is in control. The Bills need some one who can move the chains, not a QB who feel that he must make every play. You could plug a number of free agents or JP into this situation, and just let them manage the game, nothing special, nothing flashy, just don't make mistakes.

Oh yeah did I mention that Drew has one of the top three highest qb contracts in the league? Rip the bandaid off now and release us from his painful grip.

Suffice to say that with Bledsoe under center, the Bills offense is essentially a "finished" product. Although the offense has a ton of room for improvement, well, you've seen the offense as good as it gets here with Bledsoe.

It's too bad too, because you have a defense and punter that are outstanding. A special teams unit that is outstanding in coverage and in returns, but a placekicker that sucks hind tit and a QB that is likewise.

I'm just going to keep pasteing the following to these tired Bledsoe v anyone is better than DB post's:

We all seem to think, we know more than....well the Bills.

The Bills will start the best quarterback in camp! I am quite certain the Bills started the best one in 2004!

I further hope that JP beats Bledsoe by leaps and bounds come camp....This can only mean we will have one helluva QB!

It is obvious that there is no qb delima.  Drew has done his best to solidify the fact that he will not be the qb here in buffalo.  Get over it....If anyone elso had come into town with such a huge contract and performed soooo poorly they would be run out of town on a rail.  Are you kidding, forget everyone else Bledsoe loses games, no excuse me he loses seasons.  For three years he has been forcing this team to fight through his mistakes.  Can you imagine being an opposing coach and comming into Buffalo?  All you have to do is plan a sceme that takes advantage of Bledsoe's miscues ( at least five a game) and you have won.

Bledsoe is the biggest weekness on this team and he will continue to roll over for opponents as long as he is in control.  The Bills need some one who can move the chains, not a QB who feel that he must make every play.  You could plug a number of free agents or JP into this situation, and just let them manage the game, nothing special, nothing flashy, just don't make mistakes.

Oh yeah did I mention that Drew has one of the top three highest qb contracts in the league?  Rip the bandaid off now and release us from his painful grip.

201384[/snapback]

According to NFLPA.com Bledsoe has the 10th highest cap hit in the league in 2004. His contract is probably one of the highest if you prorate the bonus he received from "lifetime" contract which NE agreed with him on over its operating time, but the only relevance of this contract to the Bills is that it still amuses me that NE continues to subsidize a Bills player.

In general, I still view the contract the Bills originally obtained Bledsoe under as a wash for the Bills.

2003- Bills finish 8-8 under Bledsoe which is by far as good as can be expected for a team which finished 3-13 the previous year. RJ represented a huge upgrade in production for the Bills at QB over RJ's injury plagued disappointing 2002 and AVP's game but L laden effort with a team which showed the impacts of being in cap hell.

If one wants to fault Blesdsoe then blame him for killing NE that year as the accelerated Bledsoe bonus which hit their team in 2003 played a big role in them failing to make the playoffs that year after winning an SB in 2002 mostly with Tom Brady at QB, but Bledsoe playing QB in the vast majority of a must win game for them earning his SB ring.

As far as the Bills go, the best argument against Bledsoe being a legitimate choice for comeback player of the year that year when on the field he merited his Pro Bowl reserve nod and off the field he played a key role in bringing excitement about football back to this town which suffered through a 3-13 season is that its hard to judge him needing to comeback from a year in which he played an essential role in the SB win.

Is any of this not true?

2003- Its hard to imagine a starting QB having a worse season than Bledsoe for the Bills that year and keeping his job as its hard for me to imagine his keeping the job after a lousy campaign. The 6-10 finish was in a large way due to an offensive failure and though no one can legitimately claim that Kevin Killdrive wholly mismanaged his O and GW allowed him to do that and that TD allowed GW to fail to manage Killdrive, one can allocate plenty of blame to Bledsoe for not simply producing as a player.

Yet, in terms of judging the Bills situation I think the crucial element is that he Bills reasonably could have cut their losses at this point and let Bledsoe go, thank him for some great contributions to us at a critical time when we needed them, and really thank NE for subsidizing us paying a mere $3 million a year for a QB whose production for the team averaged out to average over the two years (as good as could be expected in year one and as bad as could revolting tolerated in year two).

The real mistake in my mind was to resign Bledsoe forthe 2004 season after a horrible 2003 campaign. Yet, though that descision was bad, I think the Bledsoe 2004 story is ironically one of improvement in his play and production over the horrendous 2003 campaign. Bledsoe was the QB in 2004 as thus our record last year was his record. However, this record was a winning record. Any real assessment of Bledsoe in 2004 certainly has to begin with the fact that his play was inadequate, but to be lodged in the truth and accuracy also has to acknowledge the irony that his play while inadequate was also an improvement and that though keeping him was a mistake in my judgement it was not the critical mistake which stopped a team which did not deserve to be in the playoffs out of the playoffs.

There is so much debate on TSW because it is both true that Bledsoe's play was inadequate and also that his play and the offenses production improved last year.

I think the real questions are whether play and production at the QB position will improve enough to be adequate with Losman in the position (quite possible but doubtful at this stage of his career and development in my few) or that Bledsoe will continue the improvement of his play and the teams will continue the improvement of its production with Bledsoe at the helm (possible despite the often false overclaiming of anti-Bledsoe partisans but in my mind even more doubtful that the youngster Losman coming of age). Overall, though I think both situations are doubtful I think it is quite possible that one or the other will come about and i trust MM and the crew to do the right thing in going with whatever one works.

If one wants to fault Blesdsoe then blame him for killing NE that year as the accelerated Bledsoe bonus which hit their team in 2003 played a big role in them failing to make the playoffs that year after winning an SB in 2002 mostly with Tom Brady at QB, but Bledsoe playing QB in the vast majority of a must win game for them earning his SB ring.

<snip>

Is any of this not true?

201548[/snapback]

Yes. The Pats beat the Steelers in 2001 despite Drew's performance, as he was horrible in that play-off game. Understandable, since he was rusty as all hell, but still horrible.

As previously stated, we were coming off a 3-13 year, and while alot of people were excited about Bledsoe coming here, I for one was not. I mean really, what did he do with New England? He had 1-2 good years in which Bill Parcells (IMO the greatest coach ever) utilized his him in a successful way. I mean Parcells made Phil Simms and Vinny Testaverde (with the Jets) look real good. Honestly, did any of us fear Bledsoe as Bills fans when we he played for the pats? I for one did not, he is a monument who has altogether proven that he can't get it done in the big games.

I think the mistake was bringing Bledsoe here in the first place. We should have drafted a young QB in the 2002 draft, and brought in a transition guy like a Jeff Blake (who I know was available at that time). WE could have righted the ship until the young QB was ready to play this year or next, and then make our push for the super bowl.

With that said, the losing years that bledsoe provided us with do have some good. We were able to get rid of Killdrive, and Gregg Williams (Mr. I have too many excuses), and attain Mike Mularkey who is doing an exceptional job with the entire team. This team reminds me of that Baltimore team of 99 that finished up the season 8-8 after starting something like 2-8, and then winning the super bowl the following year. I think we will make our push next year deep into the playoffs - I just hope bledsoe does not lose it for us, or that JP is ready to take the reins next year and lead us.

I'm just going to keep pasteing the following to these tired Bledsoe v anyone is better than DB post's:

We all seem to think, we know more than....well the Bills.

The Bills will start the best quarterback in camp!  I am quite certain the Bills started the best one in 2004!

I further hope that JP beats Bledsoe by leaps and bounds come camp....This can only mean we will have one helluva QB!

201537[/snapback]

I would only add one more thing in the middle - I hope Bledsoe improves with a full off-season working with the same coaches and not having to re-learn an entire NFL playbook.

I really hope Bledsoe comes back better AND JP beats him out. Say what you want about Bledsoe, I would be very comfortable having him as the backup next year.