SB NATION ARTICLE: What teams can go from worst to first

The article actually goes over what the last place AFC teams' biggest issues last season and then there's a poll at the end of the article for readers to vote. Weird title for the thread to.

I don't think any teams will go from worst to first in the AFC but KC and Buffalo have the best chance. They all have tough divisions but the East and West are the only divisions with one clear dominant team. If P. Manning or Brady gets hurt, first place could be wide open for their respective divisions.

It's an interesting article no doubt. If I had to cast a vote however, I would have to go with the Browns. Here's why. There's not a division winning team that has won their division outright more than the Patriots over the last 10 seasons. Unless the Bills smoke the Patriots right out of the gate in week 1, there's little chance that anyone would convince me that they're not going to win it again. Denver had the best record in the AFC East and should have been playing in the Superbowl, but for a botched play. I don't see the Chiefs over taking them any time soon. Jacksonville is probably a close second for me behind the Browns, but they still have to get by a team with a mean defense and the best running back in the NFL in Arian Foster. Choosing the Browns was simple for me. The Ravens only won their division by a tiebreaker with Cincinnati. Cleveland beat them a game last year and nearly upset the Ravens on the road. In order, I would go Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Buffalo.

"The Bills also had issues on offense as Ryan Fitzpatrick fell from the starter of the future to benched."

When was Fitzpatrick benched?

Early April, if I recall.

It's an interesting article no doubt. If I had to cast a vote however, I would have to go with the Browns. Here's why. There's not a division winning team that has won their division outright more than the Patriots over the last 10 seasons. Unless the Bills smoke the Patriots right out of the gate in week 1, there's little chance that anyone would convince me that they're not going to win it again. Denver had the best record in the AFC East and should have been playing in the Superbowl, but for a botched play. I don't see the Chiefs over taking them any time soon. Jacksonville is probably a close second for me behind the Browns, but they still have to get by a team with a mean defense and the best running back in the NFL in Arian Foster. Choosing the Browns was simple for me. The Ravens only won their division by a tiebreaker with Cincinnati. Cleveland beat them a game last year and nearly upset the Ravens on the road. In order, I would go Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Buffalo.

Lol, Arian Foster is not better than Adrian Peterson.

Jacksonville has the worst odds because they have the worst roster in the NFL, or are in close competition with Oakland. The Browns have always played tough, but the lack of coaching and skill held them back. If Norv gets the Browns offense going, I do agree that they probably have the best chance, but I still see it being a highly competitive division.

Edited by Big C

I would have to go with Kansas City. They got a playoff caliber coach and a playoff caliber qb veteran, have solidified a number of positions, and in my opinion were never quite as bad as their record indicated...personnel wise at least. I go Buffalo as a distant second with a lot of very hopeful expectations for Marrone and Manuel. I don't see Buffalo going to first but I could see us winning seven or eight games, and would be very pleased with that.