Wanna buy a house?

I love NYC. My favorite place on earth, and I've been to many places in my day (Navy ... not rich). Heading down for 3 days/3 nights with the fam in July. Can't wait!!

I've had great times in NYC for a day/night trip. Any more than that and I can't wait to leave. But I plan on moving to and retiring in Montana when I'm able, so obviously I'm not the target for city life.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love NYC. My favorite place on earth, and I've been to many places in my day (Navy ... not rich). Heading down for 3 days/3 nights with the fam in July. Can't wait!!

I have no desire to live in or near NYC. I love the Bay Area. I can be in downtown SF in 15 minutes (used to live right in the city), Monterey in an hour, Sonoma in 45 minutes, Napa in 60 minutes, Tahoe in three hours, and probably a bunch of other great places I'm forgetting. Oh and it never snows here.

But there's 12 bedrooms so divide that by 12 and you're at a manageable $300,000 each. Just adjust the price for the ones who have to share bathrooms.

If we adjust for 12 bedrooms and having to share bathrooms, then I think it would work out like this....

Because of the bathroom sharing, I would start by multiplying 7 times 52, or the price per bathroom, not bedroom.

364 Buy-in spots = $521,978 per bathroom

With 12 bedrooms, and 7 bathrooms, only 2 bedrooms get their own bathroom

1 bed = 1 bath

2 bed = 2 bath

3, 4 bed = 3 bath

5, 6 bed = 4 bath

7, 8 bed = 5 bath

9, 10 bed = 6 bath

11, 12 bed = 7 bath

So Bedroom 1 and 2 since they have their own bathroom would pay $521,978 each. Bedroom 3 through 12, since they have to share a bathroom, would pay $260,989 each.

Of course, this doesn't add in normal expenses like upkeep, power, gas, insurance, taxes, etc...

If we adjust for 12 bedrooms and having to share bathrooms, then I think it would work out like this....

Because of the bathroom sharing, I would start by multiplying 7 times 52, or the price per bathroom, not bedroom.

364 Buy-in spots = $521,978 per bathroom

With 12 bedrooms, and 7 bathrooms, only 2 bedrooms get their own bathroom

1 bed = 1 bath

2 bed = 2 bath

3, 4 bed = 3 bath

5, 6 bed = 4 bath

7, 8 bed = 5 bath

9, 10 bed = 6 bath

11, 12 bed = 7 bath

So Bedroom 1 and 2 since they have their own bathroom would pay $521,978 each. Bedroom 3 through 12, since they have to share a bathroom, would pay $260,989 each.

Of course, this doesn't add in normal expenses like upkeep, power, gas, insurance, taxes, etc...

Ryan L Billz can mow the lawn. He'll probably do it for beer.

• 2 weeks later...