Kickbacks as 'a natural part of business' at Fannie Mae allege

Oh, they are. At all levels in the real estate industry. I couldn't tell you how many times agents/lenders/attorneys/mortgage brokers have asked my wife some elliptical form of "Where's my kickback?" as though it's understood and expected to be a part of a real estate transaction.

I'm not the least surprised this would be happening at Fannie. I'm surprised someone got caught, just because I'm absolutely stunned someone got around to investigating it.

Oh, they are. At all levels in the real estate industry. I couldn't tell you how many times agents/lenders/attorneys/mortgage brokers have asked my wife some elliptical form of "Where's my kickback?" as though it's understood and expected to be a part of a real estate transaction.

I'm not the least surprised this would be happening at Fannie. I'm surprised someone got caught, just because I'm absolutely stunned someone got around to investigating it.

I think, if it is happening then it would be the real estate agent with their hand out. They are the ones that tend to direct business towards lenders/attorneys and brokers.

I think, if it is happening then it would be the real estate agent with their hand out. They are the ones that tend to direct business towards lenders/attorneys and brokers.

Mostly it's the mortgage brokers, though I do know of some agents that act that way.

Really, it's everyone save the local land records office. And they're guiltless probably because they're too incompetent to take kickbacks.

Mostly it's the mortgage brokers, though I do know of some agents that act that way.

Really, it's everyone save the local land records office. And they're guiltless probably because they're too incompetent to take kickbacks.

Well, if it's the mortgage brokers then you must be talking more than kickbacks. It would most likely involve fraud with them. As an agent, the only kickback I would require is that the broker, lender or attorney take my calls or return them right away, give me the utmost in service and and tell their paralegals or secretaries that I'm to be treated as the client, a very important one to them.