Parent sues high school for $40 million because…

....and in 112th place...the runner whose father is an azzhat.

What's going to be interesting, is seeing the race results next weekend....

from the article...

As Mears' lawsuit embarks on its slow race through federal court, his son is staying on track. On Saturday, he was set to run in a United Age Group Track Coaches Association meet in Philadelphia.

http://www.uagtca.org/

Father filed suit without an attorney. Translation, No lawyer wanted to take the case on a contingency.

Track is a sport where you can get as much attention or more from colleges running AAU or USATF indoor and summer seasons. That and it's rare you get really good coaching from a high school program. Top track athletes get private or club coaching. Filing the suit won't help his college chances.

Father filed suit without an attorney. Translation, No lawyer wanted to take the case on a contingency.

Track is a sport where you can get as much attention or more from colleges running AAU or USATF indoor and summer seasons. That and it's rare you get really good coaching from a high school program. Top track athletes get private or club coaching. Filing the suit won't help his college chances.

At least he didn't get the run around. Wait a minute, that's what he was suing for. :bag:

As a former school superintendent who authorized removing seven football players from the team for drinking, and weathering the withering parental/community storm that followed my decision, I'm lovin' this discussion!

What's going to be interesting, is seeing the race results next weekend....

from the article...

http://www.uagtca.org/

Heaven knows we'll all be here waiting. :lol:

As a former school superintendent who authorized removing seven football players from the team for drinking, and weathering the withering parental/community storm that followed my decision, I'm lovin' this discussion!

Not an easy decision for you I'm sure. Good for you though. Action--->Consequence. I have a friend who is a school administrator. His biggest complaint is how 'society' (huge generalization noted) wants the school system to raise the kids....but strips the schools of any real authority as soon as the heat gets turned up. Difficult spot to be.

Yep, it says a lot when a lawyer won't take your case. What it also says is this man has a fool for a client.

That's a good effort on your part though. I laughed as soon as I saw your post. :beer:

Using the Edit/Find option helps make it easier to search, but as soon as I put in "mea" before finishing the name, it came up "no results found".

Using the Edit/Find option helps make it easier to search, but as soon as I put in "mea" before finishing the name, it came up "no results found".

Hey leave me out of this :P

Edited by meazza