Interesting comment by Brian Moorman about the past Bills

Well that settles it: Moorman just put the hex on the Steelers.

Hopefully it's not a new hex. Hopefully they just take the one that's been on us since the Forward Pass that should Never Have Been, and just recycle it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely right about about our culture but at the end of the day he's a punter and really needs to shut his trap. They don't practice with the team and are off in their own little world. When's the last time you heard about a punters will to win?

Hey Moorman, Buffalo loved you and had almost always great things to say about you. Now how about shut your damn mouth.

If he was so worried about our culture of losing why didn't he do more about it? That's because he was a punter.

Yea, he didn't do a damm thing...

3 and out, Moorman in to punt, oh wait....

Just another field goal, oh wait...

I'd be hard pressed to insult a team that I was actually played on...goes to show what kind of a team player he is. So long loser!

Loser; I think NOT. What's so wrong about offering your opinion? His comments appear to fit perfectly with the Bills approach (and results) over the past eleven or twelve years. Is the truth really ever an insult; or is it an insult to ignore the truth in favor of platitudes?

Well he certainly didnt come from a winning culture... Fail to see how you can call him a loser for being honest.

Maybe because he just threw his past team mates under the bus. Those guys he played with were working hard and doing their best. No need for this comment. Just go out and compete. Oh yeah, and maybe if Moorman could have figured out how to execute the coffin corner kick, his defense would have had a better chance.

Maybe because he just threw his past team mates under the bus. Those guys he played with were working hard and doing their best. No need for this comment. Just go out and compete. Oh yeah, and maybe if Moorman could have figured out how to execute the coffin corner kick, his defense would have had a better chance.

Maybe he spoke the truth. If guys were satisfied with 8-8, and the team only hit that magic mark one time, he wasn't throwing a soul under the bus. Moorman was one of the best players on the team since over the past decade and a leader. He spoke the truth. We all would have been satisfied with 8-8.

I think it's interesting when former players, especially long time ones, make comments like that. As though they weren't part of the culture problem or they obviously did nothing to attempt to correct it while here. Instead just collect their check like everyone else and complain about it years after the fact.

Edited by Carey Bender

Some people seem to feel that the punter should just shut up and punt. Does that mean the quarterback should just shut up and throw the ball? The line should just shut up and block? The line backers should just shut up and tackle? Who is allowed to hold their teammates responsible, if not one of the few pro bowl players the team has had in the past decade?

If the team is satisfied with mediocrity, then they will only be mediocre. Pittsburgh does not settle for mediocrity without getting angry. Maybe since the punter is not seen as a position that would be a team leader, he only observed and was not in a situation to change the culture. Moorman is a very intelligent man. He clearly was aware of the culture of mediocrity, and was frustrated by it.

I wonder if the Bills ever make it back to the playoffs, will they tear down the goal posts (like in 1988) and throw a parade for the team?

The Bills have been an embarrassment for such a long time. Maybe the new youth movement can turn things around?

who knows. expectations are so low I am somehow morbidly looking forward to Ralphs passing just to see the drama about the new owner/team direction changes. that seems to be the most interesting thing these days.. maybe they can change coaches every year and draft a QB no 1 every year for a awhile so at least our imaginations can run a little (as the reality is all too negative.)

Maybe he spoke the truth. If guys were satisfied with 8-8, and the team only hit that magic mark one time, he wasn't throwing a soul under the bus. Moorman was one of the best players on the team since over the past decade and a leader. He spoke the truth. We all would have been satisfied with 8-8.

That is insulting. I don't think anyone, especially at Pro-Football level go out with the intention of being happy with a 8-8 record. I am sure all those 6-10 and 7-9 teams worked their butt off, but came short due to lack of talent at key positions and being out-coached by the other team. It doesn't mean that the team is happy making it to 8-8.

I think it's interesting when former players, especially long time ones, make comments like that. As though they weren't part of the culture problem or they obviously did nothing to attempt to correct it while here. Instead just collect their check like everyone else and complain about it years after the fact.

+1. Is Moorman revealing his anger/upset at the Bills for cutting him during the middle of last year?

I'd be hard pressed to insult a team that I was actually played on...goes to show what kind of a team player he is. So long loser!

unless the Steelers go back to winning next year, and we are two years off from another coaching swap. I understand you may feel slighted, but he was honest, and most fans agree with him.

That is insulting. I don't think anyone, especially at Pro-Football level go out with the intention of being happy with a 8-8 record. I am sure all those 6-10 and 7-9 teams worked their butt off, but came short due to lack of talent at key positions and being out-coached by the other team. It doesn't mean that the team is happy making it to 8-8.

+1. Is Moorman revealing his anger/upset at the Bills for cutting him during the middle of last year?

Revealing? I think even coming from the locker room last year team effort was in question. So to think that millionaire athletes cant become complacent is unrealistic.

Nothing to see here, IMO.

Throughout Moorman's time as a Bill, they were in perpetual rebuilding mode--with 8-8 being a sign of progress for that type of team. As we all know, however, the "rebuild" would always break down and shudder to the side of the road to await the next HC, GM, front office savior, who would start the process anew.

If Brian were still a Bill, the same attitude would be in play this year...

He's definitely right about about our culture but at the end of the day he's a punter and really needs to shut his trap. They don't practice with the team and are off in their own little world. When's the last time you heard about a punters will to win?

Hey Moorman, Buffalo loved you and had almost always great things to say about you. Now how about shut your damn mouth.

If he was so worried about our culture of losing why didn't he do more about it? That's because he was a punter.

Where the hell were you during those years that he was on the team?

It could easily have been argued that he was the team MVP for at least a couple of seasons. As well, some of the most exciting offensive plays where he'd run the ball were punt fakes.

What, you became a fan last week or something.

Seriously, anyone that would criticize Moorman hasn't seen him play. Anyone that hasn't seen him play hasn't seen the team play.

Goodluck to him at his new job, he was part of the problem culture as well. That's one of the reasons he was cut, besides being old.

I disagree. Either way, a much bigger part of the problem culture is fans that are satisfied with 8-8 and that keep giving such a crappy organization their money for much less even on a perennial basis.

You want to see things change, let's quit selling out home openers and leave the stadium half empty thereby sending a message.

Honestly, what kind of a person enjoys going to games knowing that the team won't put out a competitive product, or in cases like this season where it's a coin flip at best, ... at best, and knowing that their team is a long shot to even make .500?

Losers are as losers do.

I personally don't support losing, idiocy, grasping at straws, or fancy marketing over solid management. I know I know, this time's going to be different, the umpteenth time is the charm. Never mind that absolutely no one on the offensive coaching staff has held a meaningful role in the NFL ever and only the coordinator on D has.

Edited by TaskersGhost

First of all....Moorman was, and still is a great guy in the community.

He still gives his time and efforts to local charities.

My feeling is, when a guy says that 8-8 was an acceptable result with

the Bills front office....that means they continued to employ players that

were not great...and simply put, not bad.

So Brian was just the kind of punter this team needed.

Not great....not bad....an 8-8 punter.

And he stayed here for so many years. So in essence, he was here because

of the teams philosophy and attitude.

He has every right to say what ever he wants in Pittsburgh.

I hope he gets to experience that winning record he has been

longing for.

Best of luck Brian Moorman...and thanks for your great work

in our community.

First of all....Moorman was, and still is a great guy in the community.

He still gives his time and efforts to local charities.

My feeling is, when a guy says that 8-8 was an acceptable result with

the Bills front office....that means they continued to employ players that

were not great...and simply put, not bad.

So Brian was just the kind of punter this team needed.

Not great....not bad....an 8-8 punter.

And he stayed here for so many years. So in essence, he was here because

of the teams philosophy and attitude.

He has every right to say what ever he wants in Pittsburgh.

I hope he gets to experience that winning record he has been

longing for.

Best of luck Brian Moorman...and thanks for your great work

in our community.

The bold lettering really got your point across... :unsure:

I know two thirds of the people in this thread thinks he is talking about the bills, but like others have said, he is talking about the cowboys. I think it is odd he didn't mention the bills. I don't think the bills ever "accepted" losing, but they just kept giving bad results because they just sucked and made mistakes. but I truly believe that they wanted to win very much the past few years.