Your thoughts on the best guitar riffs.

Nobody can make a guitar sing like Hendrix. Not denying there are other greats just saying Jimi was unique in his greatness.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Axis: Bold as Love just doesn't know music.

I'm not saying you have to LIKE it to know music...but wow, what a creative tour de force.

This music is missed on people in the South as a whole. At least the rural folk around here. I brought up AC/DC, Mountain, DP, Hendrix, etc, etc, etc... and I got blank stairs. Lynard Skynard is the only rock most of these folks know. The classic rock stations here are hair bands, Little Feat, and ****. Toledo had some good classic rock stations - whether there or Detroit. I miss it and am glad I have Sirius. My GF even remarked how crappy Southern radio stations are after hearing music on our travels.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Axis: Bold as Love just doesn't know music.

I'm not saying you have to LIKE it to know music...but wow, what a creative tour de force.

Possibly the smartest post I've seen from you. Ever.

This music is missed on people in the South as a whole. At least the rural folk around here. I brought up AC/DC, Mountain, DP, Hendrix, etc, etc, etc... and I got blank stairs. Lynard Skynard is the only rock most of these folks know. The classic rock stations here are hair bands, Little Feat, and ****. Toledo had some good classic rock stations - whether there or Detroit. I miss it and am glad I have Sirius. My GF even remarked how crappy Southern radio stations are after hearing music on our travels.

Was MTV not an equalizer in the 80's and 90's? Not to mention today there is hardly any local radio left. Most of the local stations do not play their own music. They use centralized lists and playback.

If you're going to go with an SRV riff, go with an SRV riff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NU0MF8pwktg

Or Couldn't Stand the Weather, or Cold Shot, or Love Struck Baby, or The House Is Rockin', or Scuttle Buttin'...he's got more than enough of his own work. If you're going to choose a cover of a Hendrix song, then post Hendrix...

...which I'd post a link to, if the board would let me. www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zo5qWVMkah4

yes and no. SRV certainly has enough of his own stuff-some good, some great, some amazing-but his version of hendrix's "little wing" gives me chills every time i hear it.

i'd try to find it for ya, but i'm off to work.

and for the op...great topic!

Edited by swnybillsfan