Eddie Van Halen plays like a girl...

Buftex

I was 13 in 1984 and, like most kids my age, a huge Van Halen fan. It took me over a year to agree to listen to "5150." In the meantime, I remained a DLR fan (his solo stuff, while overall crappy, was full of talent with Vai and Sheehan) and was lucky enough to catch him in concert a couple times.

The Hagar stuff grew on me. Not so much the ballads. But some of the other stuff was pretty kick ass, in my opinion. "OU812" was a decent album and "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge," I thought, really rocked. Moreso than either of the first two with Hagar.

Then the wheels came off. Everything after that point, with Hagar, Cheron and DLR, has been pure schit.

Anyway ... while I prefer the 1978 - 1984 albums, hands down, I can't say that I don't enjoy those first three Van Hagar albums.

damn...haven't heard that band name since a drunken fredonia fest in the '81-'85 time frame...zebra may have played the same one, or it may have been another fredonia fest

Talas....

Wow that was an eternity ago....

damn...haven't heard that band name since a drunken fredonia fest in the '81-'85 time frame...zebra may have played the same one, or it may have been another fredonia fest

I was just listening to Zebra this week in the car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-rL22BdGyQo