Pats/Colts...

Buftex

if the Patriots find a way to stop the Colts this Sunday, they will ice their place in NFL lore as one of the best teams of all time? I am pissed the Bills aren't playing this weekend, but I have to say, this game really intrigues me. Two teams who are so diametrically opposed in style. It could be a classic, or a blow-out. If Peyton has another playoff meltdown this weekend, his regular season accomplishments will mean nothing...I am excited to see what the Pats come up with...them signing Hank Poteat today looks like an act of desperation! Why didn't they sign a DB weeks ago? This could be a very fun game!

if the Patriots find a way to stop the Colts this Sunday, they will ice their place in NFL lore as one of the best teams of all time?  I am pissed the Bills aren't playing this weekend, but I have to say, this game really intrigues me.  Two teams who are so diametrically opposed in style.  It could be a classic, or a blow-out.  If Peyton has another playoff meltdown this weekend, his regular season accomplishments will mean nothing...I am excited to see what the Pats come up with...them signing Hank Poteat today looks like an act of desperation!  Why didn't they sign a DB weeks ago?  This could be a very fun game!

201141[/snapback]

It should be a great game, it is to bad the Pats do have some injuries , there would be no excuses if both were healthy

I doubt that his touchdown record will mean nothing if he loses this game..that's a record that hasn't been broken in 20 years, that's quite an accomplishment..but as I stated in an earlier post, I believe its going to be a great game. But this season I have never seen a quarterback destroy defenses like peyton manning has..He exploits its weakness and obliterates it..and I firmly believe that Peyton will do enough next week to beat the patriots defensive schemes and come out of foxboro with a victory..Peyton will not lose to them 2 years inna row..no way

if the Patriots find a way to stop the Colts this Sunday, they will ice their place in NFL lore as one of the best teams of all time? 

201141[/snapback]

No. Beating the Colts at home in January in a big game is to be expected...

IMO not that big of a deal.

If they go on to win the Super Bowl,

then I think they can be favorably compared to the Cowboys of the 90's.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
if the Patriots find a way to stop the Colts this Sunday, they will ice their place in NFL lore as one of the best teams of all time?  I am pissed the Bills aren't playing this weekend, but I have to say, this game really intrigues me.  Two teams who are so diametrically opposed in style.  It could be a classic, or a blow-out.  If Peyton has another playoff meltdown this weekend, his regular season accomplishments will mean nothing...I am excited to see what the Pats come up with...them signing Hank Poteat today looks like an act of desperation!  Why didn't they sign a DB weeks ago?  This could be a very fun game!

201141[/snapback]

I AGREE... ther Patriots could do that if they beat the Colts! Trouble is, Indianapolis has TREMENDOUS problems against them! Peyton Manning WILL go to the Super Bowl if they win this weekend, I have NO DOUBTS. And yet if the Pats win, you are going to see a TITANIC struggle in Pittsburgh next week.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STEELERS, LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
please oh please indy win.

it just disgusts me that conversations like this even exist regarding the pats

201176[/snapback]

When a team wins two Super Bowls in a row, and has the kind of record they do, you have to consider them the best team until Indy proves them otherwise.

Being honest is better than being deluded than, for example, the people that think Drew should still be starting next year! :w00t:

please oh please indy win.

it just disgusts me that conversations like this even exist regarding the pats

201176[/snapback]

last year I felt that way. This year I've submitted to thhe anguish that is the truth. The Pats are very close to being called the team of the 00's and a dynasty.

Peyton you had better be ready to put up around 42 points.

201141[/snapback]

The Pats are the best team never to get any credit. I mean they lost 4 games in two years, meanwhile setting the record for most consecutive wins! What other team has ever had a record like that? The fact they seem to do it without any flash or gaudy stats, I think, is the reason for their unheralded greatness. The already are one of the best teams in NFL history, whether you admit or not!

PTR

P.S...The Colts do not win this weekend. Bet the Pats.

Does anyone here get a funny feeling about this game based on the spread?

Pats -2?

Looks like a line that screams to bet NE, but just based on that line, maybe this is the Colts time to get over the hump, who knows.

201369[/snapback]

80-85% of the public bets have been placed on Indy so far... you know what that means... pack your bags for Pittsburgh, Patsies

...Foxhole is the "Rubicam" that Peyton Who has yet to cross. 0-6 vs. the Patsies there. How will he and his teammates fare as a dome team in 20-degree temps forecast for Sunday?

The other thing that's troublesome for Indy Sunday is NE itself. Give Belichick two weeks to prepare for a playoff game, with homefield--a tough combination to beat.

This is the game where the saying "Run the ball and stop the Run"will be tested.The Pats will try to run Dillion till the colts stop him,taking as much time off the clock as possible.Manning must establish his running game with James to open up his passing game,Billeck will be giving Manning defensive formations that will look bizare at times to throw some sand into their well oiled offenseive schemes.The bottom line is can the Colts play well enough on defense to give Manning as many touches of the ball to get his offense rolling (I don't think so!)

...Foxhole is the "Rubicam" that Peyton Who has yet to cross.  0-6 vs. the Patsies there.  How will he and his teammates fare as a dome team in 20-degree temps forecast for Sunday?

The other thing that's troublesome for Indy Sunday is NE itself.  Give Belichick two weeks to prepare for a playoff game, with homefield--a tough combination to beat.

201418[/snapback]

Forcast is 30's and sunny for Sunday.

Seymour, Poole and Law are out. I like their chances.

I'm in the minority here, but even though the Pats are in our division, I have never developed the hatred for them, like I have with the Dolphins. I can only guess that the hatred that some have for the Pats is fueled by the fact that our savior(DB) who has led us nowhere, was replaced in New England with an unproven QB who went on to lead his team to 2 SB victories in the last 3 years.

If Belichick without Law & Poole can figure out a way to slow down the Indy attack and win the game, he will further cement his place in time as an outstanding defensive coach.

Disclaimer...When the Bills are out of it, I just want to see good football played especially in the Super Bowl.

This game will highlight the contrast in the two teams. The thing about the Colts is that they are a a well oiled "finesse" team that depend a hell of a lot on precision. Playing in a dome takes the weather factor out of the game and because of that they can always be precise. Sunday, in New England, the weather conditions are going to be a factor for the Colts and their well oiled and precise machine. Add to that the natural turf being a slower and unfamiliar field to them... plus the crowd component, the "Blechick and two weeks to prepare" factor....and I really don't think the Colts are going to win this one.

New England always seems to keep themselves in a position to win games. I think that trend will continue this weekend.