Mike Pettine's Defense fascinating fans & media

Then wtf are you doing on an NFL message board in May?

Hackett has already earned a reputation at OBD for being hyper and giddy. I'll take my OC's no other way thank you very much.

Hyper AND Giddy. Thats quite a pairing ! :thumbsup:

Pettine/Ryan did great things with the Jets. Really creative, effective stuff. It will be exciting to see what Pettine does here.

Marrone/Payton did equally great things with the Saints. Both Marrone & Pettine had their units in the top five of the NFL. Needless to say, having Drew Brees helped Marrone in NO, though Drew wasn't nearly as productive previously with SD. I'm excited to see what Marrone/Hackett will do. Hackett seems like a smart, enthusiastic ("hyper" & "giddy") guy.

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

Pettine/Ryan did great things with the Jets. Really creative, effective stuff. It will be exciting to see what Pettine does here.

Marrone/Payton did equally great things with the Saints. Both Marrone & Pettine had their units in the top five of the NFL. Needless to say, having Drew Brees helped Marrone in NO, though Drew wasn't nearly as productive previously with SD. I'm excited to see what Marrone/Hackett will do. Hackett seems like a smart, enthusiastic ("hyper" & "giddy") guy.

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

This is what I'm very curious to see... Yes Pettine had a top 10 defense, but it was always known as Ryan's D... Same with offense in NO... It's was Peyton's offense... Now that they're out of the shadow of their HCs with similar specialties we will see how much of them was behind the scenes or at least what they picked up and brought with them... So far it seems promising, and I think it's awesome Pettine stayed in the division... Can't wait to see the match up

The opposite side of the good news is... I hope our oline can find some way to protect our QBs. We all know Kolb's history... and I certainly don't want to put EJ into a situation where he's getting hit as soon as the ball is snapped. Hackett will probably need to get creative with our offense in a similar fashion to what Chan did to protect our QB on drop backs.

That all being said, it'll be really refreshing to see a pass rush for once. Our D last year was a snoozefest.

Edited by Dorkington

The opposite side of the good news is... I hope our oline can find some way to protect our QBs. We all know Kolb's history... and I certainly don't want to put EJ into a situation where he's getting hit as soon as the ball is snapped. Hackett will probably need to get creative with our offense in a similar fashion to what Chan did to protect our QB on drop backs.

That all being said, it'll be really refreshing to see a pass rush for once. Our D last year was a snoozefest.

You are being generous . For me, it was painful, and often.

Then wtf are you doing on an NFL message board in May?

Hackett has already earned a reputation at OBD for being hyper and giddy. I'll take my OC's no other way thank you very much.

Because like all of us here I like to share my thoughts. I'm just being real in my thoughts.

Think everybody is VERY interested in how Pettine runs this D. We all know that Wanny trusted the front 4 way too much as far a pressure on the QB is concerned. Led to his dismissal.

The OP thinks it will be different this year. I agree but like I said they gonna have to show and prove before I drink anymore Koolaid.

Edited by Bufcomments

It was like the "bend, don't break" defense, but without the "don't break". :D

oh. you watched it too ? A Tampa 2 without the two or the tampa. geez !

poor fellows.

No more of that malarkey do i expect whatsoever.

But we shall see what we shall see. i hope for some asskicking

If PlayAction works and the Running game can get chunk of yards, then it will automatically give more time and protection for the QB as the DB will shift back in coverage.

This is what I'm very curious to see... Yes Pettine had a top 10 defense, but it was always known as Ryan's D... Same with offense in NO... It's was Peyton's offense... Now that they're out of the shadow of their HCs with similar specialties we will see how much of them was behind the scenes or at least what they picked up and brought with them... So far it seems promising, and I think it's awesome Pettine stayed in the division... Can't wait to see the match up

absolutely. i think there is a lot of attention/excitement for coach pettine because even though he has been a part of some good defenses, this is now his baby. and after wanstedt's defense last year, a new guy coming in and saying they are coming after the qb aggressively is a most welcome change. even if there are a lot of mistakes made along the way, i think most fans are going to be patient with him/them because of the overall concept and philosophy of this defense. is it september yet? hell, i'll take august right now!