So anyone can see what I put on Facebook?

Just Jack

Does the law state that you can not hold a prop firearm?

Are you violating parole if someone photoshops a shotgun into a picture of you?

Is it a crime to be an idiot in Florida? Probably not since half the state would be arrested.

If it was writer 'Barbara Hijek' would be first in line to be arrested and pubic relations officer of police second.

Any defense lawyer worth hiring will argue that photos on Facebook are not proof of anything.

I used to work for a company that had some law enforcement contracts and that landed me at a few law enforcement technology conferences.

I'll never forget a great presentation done by a NYC detective detailing a huge investigation that brought down a large NYC gang. The vast majority of the information they gathered to build their cases came off of various gang member's social media sites. It was like a free database for them to use tracking all of their movements, activities and linking them to all their associates. Some of them even bragged about crimes on their pages.

I find dumb criminals pretty entertaining.

i love social media, and i don't usually do things that are on the wrong side of the law. that said, my basic rule of thumb when putting things on facebook, twitter etc is 'would my grandmother get upset if she read this?' and that is what i tell my kids....i see some ridiculous stuff out there and just shake my head...a buddy of mine was fired from a job recently and i am 100% certain it had something to do with facebook posts about antics that he 'claimed' to be doing during business hours....stupid stupid stupid