Who will be reborn and suprise us??

cage

POLL.... who's the phoenix rising from the ashes under Marrone... and why?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most likely to salvage their career under new regime?

I agree with KOKBILLS and Kirby Jackson.

Carrington was one of the better defensive players last year. He doesn't need to be re-born and when he does well this year, it won't be a surprise, IMO.

This is very good subject matter for the upcoming season, but some of these guys have yet to make it out of the womb in the first place.

This is very encouraging. The fact that they could play so well as fetuses gives me hope that they can become impact players when they become viable infants!

Voting for Aaron Williams...just because. I think the kid has some talent, but was in over his head a little bit, on a defense that was, on whole, in over their heads most of the time...putting blind faith in Mike Pettine to find more talent on the defensive side of the roster than the last administration was willing to find.

Williams is a good nominee as are Troup, Easley and Searcy.

I think you exempt last year's rookies because unless you're taken in the first two rounds, you're not really expected to contribute right away so guys like TJ Graham. Bradham, Brooks, and Zebrie Sanders I wouldn't put in the reborn/surprise category.

Hairston has played pretty well for a 2011 draftee so I wouldn't nominate him.

A 2010 draftee who could surprise us is Arthur Moats.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting for Aaron Williams...just because. I think the kid has some talent, but was in over his head a little bit, on a defense that was, on whole, in over their heads most of the time...putting blind faith in Mike Pettine to find more talent on the defensive side of the roster than the last administration was willing to find.

That, plus the eagerness with which all the brilliant football experts here jumped all over him.

One of the best players? He had 2 sacks last year. There were 4 guys ahead of him and another 4 that had the same. He had 3 defensed passes. Again, 9 guys ahead of him including 2 defensive linemen and a linebacker. 12 tackles. 17 players ahead of him. This could really be done all day. If he was really all that good, he would have put up better numbers. In addition, he would have been on the field more.

He was barely on the field because he's more of a 3-4 DE than the 4-3 DT they forced him into. So, those 3 PDs and 5 run stuffs were pretty substantial. He also had 4 blocked kicks which is a franchise record. He will get a lot more snaps in Pettine's system.

My take exactly. You have be born before you can be re-born, ergo I voted Other. That would be Fred Jackson. Injuries have taken their toll on him the last couple seasons as defenses cheated up with no vertical passing threat. CJ has blossomed in his absence. He's a 'young' 30-something, having started his career late and when he's healthy, he's League MVP material.

Here's to Fred Ex being re-born in '13!

I agree, except the Fred part. . Easley is stillborn. Likely Troup also.

Fred won't complete his 3rd season in a row. I think A Williams is the only candidate on the list who fits the bill.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Already explained. He's a role player only and not even a starter. Making a play here or there doesn't make you one of the best player on defense. Citing one play doesn't make him one of the best players on defense.

You explained you 'feel' one way. Which is perfectly fine and understandable, that's what most of us do. It's just important to remember that our feelings aren't always correct.

You explained you 'feel' one way. Which is perfectly fine and understandable, that's what most of us do. It's just important to remember that our feelings aren't always correct.

It's not feelings but facts. He's only been on the field for a few plays each game. He's not a regular starter and never has been. He hasn't made a lot of plays, in fact significantly less than the other regular starters. There's nothing that supports the point that he's one of the best players. If you have any facts to offer, feel free to present them. You watching the game is not a fact any more than me watching the game is a fact. Your facts don't exist. Good luck with that.

It seems to me that that candidates should be guys who've been eligible to play for at least two seasons -- 3 is even better -- but have disappointed for one reason or another. So, to me, Troupe or Easley don't qualify as both have been continually injured. It looks like we'll finally get to see if they're real players but it won't be because of the coaching changes as much as it will be just getting healthy. Graham and Sanders are too new (and haven't done badly...they're just beginning). So to me it's either Carrington or Moats and I've chosen Moats because he initially seemed to be an emerging star. Then he faded a bit, then seemed to finally begin to contribute last year. It's just a guess at this point, but I think this new system will see him finally come into his own.

I do not think Carrington has to salvage his career because he did that last year. So, I did not give him my vote.

This new coaching staff just might be what Aaron Williams needs to turn it around so I voted for him.

I agree with another poster about the wideouts ... the rookie class may wipe out any opportunities for those needing to recover from being at the bottom.

The other day on the Bills OTA video they showed Moats coming in for a would be sack on the QB , I think Moats has had some decent play since being here but i don't know that the former D coordinators knew how best to use him ...

I do think that Pettine will put him in more positions to make plays & we will see him in a different light.