Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

In De Niro's defense, the second Fokker movie just sucked, and I think he knew it.

And he's at best pedestrian now...which just means he's a long way from his Cape Fear/Goodfellas/Deer Hunter/Godfather II days. He still has his moments, though.

I would also add "Heat" as one of his moments. DeNiro does a fine job in that one.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite male actors is Hugh Grant. (And "About a Boy" is one of my favorite movies).

i loved the granola suicide line in that one. it still makes me laugh.

I would also add "Heat" as one of his moments. DeNiro does a fine job in that one.

Yeah, I was on the fence about adding that. DeNiro's performance in that is good...but not necessarily great, I thought. So's everyone else's in that movie, for that matter. Or any other Michael Mann movie...Mann can get a good performance out of anyone this side of Denise Richards. "Great," though...

i love Clooney in the Oceans movies. But that might be because there is so much stardom in those movies.

Agree with the superhero movies. I watch them all and love every minute of them. The Christian Bale Batman series might be the best trilogy of all time IMO. Absolutely amazing. And anyone that Didnt think The Dark Knight was amazing and Didnt like Heath Ledgers legendary performance, I can no longer trust anything you say. It's not about his death after the movie, he truly made Jacks Joker look bad and I loved Jack in the Joker role.

Iron Man is also great.

I wish the Avengers Didnt use Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk. I really liked Edward Nortons Hulk.

Transformers was awesome. I liked 3 the least. 2 probably the most.

I'd like to add my favorite movie of all time to this list: The Usual Suspect. Best movie and best ending ever.

I would also like to give a big nod to The Band of Brother series. Absolutely amazing.

I love the Nolan/Bale Batman trilogy, as great as Ledger is in "The Dark Knight", I wish that people would remember that movie for how good it was as a movie and not just Ledger's performance. Aaron Eckhart is great in TDK too, and the movie is a great psychological study of society.

As for the Transformers series, I admit they all have great action sequences and top notch special effects. Unfortunately that's all. I did enjoy the first film, but the last two were dreadful. Oh how I wish they would have given this series to J.J. Abrams and not Michael Bay. I know it's giant robots fighting each other, but that does not mean it can not be good science fiction.

I love the Nolan/Bale Batman trilogy, as great as Ledger is in "The Dark Knight", I wish that people would remember that movie for how good it was as a movie and not just Ledger's performance. Aaron Eckhart is great in TDK too, and the movie is a great psychological study of society.

As for the Transformers series, I admit they all have great action sequences and top notch special effects. Unfortunately that's all. I did enjoy the first film, but the last two were dreadful. Oh how I wish they would have given this series to J.J. Abrams and not Michael Bay. I know it's giant robots fighting each other, but that does not mean it can not be good science fiction.

i agree with Transformers. At least after part 1. They are just eye candy really. From the cars, robots, all the way up to Megan Fox's amazing body.

It's funny you brought up Aaron Eckhardt. He was amazing in Batman. I was just thinking about adding him to this list while I was at work tonight. Sitting there, watching Battlefield Los Angeles I was remembering how much I really enjoy Aaron Eckhardt. In fact, one of my favorite movies of all time is Thank You For Smoking and he is absolutely amazing in that movie. If anyone here hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it.

i agree with Transformers. At least after part 1. They are just eye candy really. From the cars, robots, all the way up to Megan Fox's amazing body.

It's funny you brought up Aaron Eckhardt. He was amazing in Batman. I was just thinking about adding him to this list while I was at work tonight. Sitting there, watching Battlefield Los Angeles I was remembering how much I really enjoy Aaron Eckhardt. In fact, one of my favorite movies of all time is Thank You For Smoking and he is absolutely amazing in that movie. If anyone here hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it.

"Thank You For Smoking" is a good one. Another movie with Eckhart I recommend is one of his earliest movies, a small film called "In The Company Of Men". Eckhart is a real SOB in that movie, check it out.

One of my favorite male actors is Hugh Grant. (And "About a Boy" is one of my favorite movies).

People dismiss him because he primarily makes romantic comedies, but IMO he's what makes those movies watchable.

I've never seen "O Brother Where Art Thou", and I probably will not since I despise George Clooney, I know that is close minded, but I just can not stand the guy.

If you have even the slightest appreciation and memory of Homer's "Odyssey," you'll truly enjoy the flick. Really well done.

But then again, I really liked "Blair Witch," so my opinion is shaky at best.

If you have even the slightest appreciation and memory of Homer's "Odyssey," you'll truly enjoy the flick. Really well done.

But then again, I really liked "Blair Witch," so my opinion is shaky at best.

My problems with Clooney are of a personal nature, it has nothing to do with his acting, which I think he is average at best, so that is why I try to avoid anything the man has been in.

Also I thought "The Blair Witch Project" was a good movie too, and if you look through this thread, you'll find that several others share the same opinion.

One movie I really liked that got panned by critics and ignored by the public was "John Carter". Disney did not do a good job of marketing that movie.

It was a good sci-fi that was not all about in-your-face-action and non stop special effects. It was a good story and was a very underrated movie.

One movie I really liked that got panned by critics and ignored by the public was "John Carter". Disney did not do a good job of marketing that movie.

It was a good sci-fi that was not all about in-your-face-action and non stop special effects. It was a good story and was a very underrated movie.

i fell asleep in the drive in while watching that movie.

"Thank You For Smoking" is a good one. Another movie with Eckhart I recommend is one of his earliest movies, a small film called "In The Company Of Men". Eckhart is a real SOB in that movie, check it out.

I am a big fan of eckhart and zeta-jones in "no reservations." really solid foodie movie.

Some of my favorite sleeper movies...

Box of Moonlight

After Hours

Drowning Mona

Hugo Pool

Trust

And Then There Were None

So, these are all good movies to go to the drive in and fall asleep to?