Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm one of the few people who found the second half of "Wedding Crashers" to have royally sucked.

Also remember giving "Titanic" about 20 minutes before I wanted to puke. The whole world seemed to love that flick, and I found myself preferring Ernest Borgnine in "Poseidon Adventure" over anyone or anything in that movie.

Then you missed the point of Titanic: the first half of the movie is to prepare you for the second half, where you're rooting for the ship to sink and kill everyone you've grown to hate.

Then you missed the point of Titanic: the first half of the movie is to prepare you for the second half, where you're rooting for the ship to sink and kill everyone you've grown to hate.

This could have all been avoided if the first half of "Wedding Crashers" took place on the Titanic. That would equal like the cinematic euphoria I experienced when I first realized Steve Seagal wasn't go to live past the first 30 minutes of "Executive Decision."

Hudson Hawk is one of my favorite movies. Do people not like it?

I think Unbreakable is M. Night's best movie. I agree with everything about Signs, but I just can't get over the water thing when it comes to that movie. If not for that, I would love it.

But isn't the "water thing" in that movie, much different than the "bacteria thing" in "War of the Worlds"?

Can't believe the first few pages....will Ferrell Zach galif and Seth Rogan not funny to some ?

Will Ferrell has some ups and downs but overall he's great IMO. Galifinakis is always awesome (lot of monotone hilarious jokes always) Rogan cracks me up as does Jonah Hill and the rest of the Superbad/apatow stoner types..

I don't hate Will Ferrell, but I find it tough to get through a 90 minute movie of his. There's only so much of his humor a person can take. I did like "Old School" because Ferrell was part of an ensemble cast and wasn't the main focus of the movie.

But isn't the "water thing" in that movie, much different than the "bacteria thing" in "War of the Worlds"?

I think that was what he was going for, but it is different. They made a point to explain that the Aliens had been there scoping out the planet before (history of crop circles, etc...). It's at least reasonable that aliens wouldn't have known about the long term downfall from bacteria. But how are they going to miss out on 70% of the planet?

Also, War of the Worlds really shouldn't be considered a benchmark.

Hear ya...I'm calling out anyone who didn't laugh at Talledega nights as a first time viewing though...Ricky Bobby slayed me (huge shoutout to Cal Naughton Jr (John c Reilly) as well.

this. I had a hatred for WF before Talledega Nights. It completely changed my opinion of him. His best work IMO.

Hudson Hawk is one of my favorite movies. Do people not like it?

Hudson Hawk is renown for being a Bruce Willis vanity project that was a huge box office flop (in no small part because the movie somehow cost $70 million to make, probably because the production was rumored to be a friggin' car wreck) and a horrible movie.

But you and I know different, my friend... :thumbsup:

this. I had a hatred for WF before Talledega Nights. It completely changed my opinion of him. His best work IMO.

bull ****. His best work was in The Producers.

So, everyone agrees. O brother where art though was good. Super hero movies suck ass. Right?

Yeah, I heard you were easy.

I've never seen "O Brother Where Art Thou", and I probably will not since I despise George Clooney, I know that is close minded, but I just can not stand the guy.

I also do not believe that everyone agrees that super hero movies suck ass. Some are sub-par and some are poor, but there are some that are exceptional. If super hero movies are not your thing, fine, but not all of these movies suck.

I've never seen "O Brother Where Art Thou", and I probably will not since I despise George Clooney, I know that is close minded, but I just can not stand the guy.

I also do not believe that everyone agrees that super hero movies suck ass. Some are sub-par and some are poor, but there are some that are exceptional. If super hero movies are not your thing, fine, but not all of these movies suck.

You should watch O brother. Might change your mind about clooney. I'm not his greatest fan or anything, but I loved this movie. And yes, you're right. My personal opinion about super hero movies doesn't agree with the masses. But that's what this thread is about. So, I say again (without cussing this time, sorry) super hero movies are lame

i love Clooney in the Oceans movies. But that might be because there is so much stardom in those movies.

Agree with the superhero movies. I watch them all and love every minute of them. The Christian Bale Batman series might be the best trilogy of all time IMO. Absolutely amazing. And anyone that Didnt think The Dark Knight was amazing and Didnt like Heath Ledgers legendary performance, I can no longer trust anything you say. It's not about his death after the movie, he truly made Jacks Joker look bad and I loved Jack in the Joker role.

Iron Man is also great.

I wish the Avengers Didnt use Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk. I really liked Edward Nortons Hulk.

Transformers was awesome. I liked 3 the least. 2 probably the most.

I'd like to add my favorite movie of all time to this list: The Usual Suspect. Best movie and best ending ever.

I would also like to give a big nod to The Band of Brother series. Absolutely amazing.

Here's another...

Robert DiNiro is nothing special as an actor. At least in the last couple of years. I recently watched Limitless and the second Fokkers movie (w/ Hoffman & Striesand) and he had the chops of a mannequin in both.

PTR

Here's another...

Robert DiNiro is nothing special as an actor. At least in the last couple of years. I recently watched Limitless and the second Fokkers movie (w/ Hoffman & Striesand) and he had the chops of a mannequin in both.

PTR

In De Niro's defense, the second Fokker movie just sucked, and I think he knew it.

And he's at best pedestrian now...which just means he's a long way from his Cape Fear/Goodfellas/Deer Hunter/Godfather II days. He still has his moments, though.

In De Niro's defense, the second Fokker movie just sucked, and I think he knew it.

And he's at best pedestrian now...which just means he's a long way from his Cape Fear/Goodfellas/Deer Hunter/Godfather II days. He still has his moments, though.

He was outstanding in Silver Linings. Write the man a real character that isn't just an amalgamation of every other character he's played in the past and he can do amazing things.

Write the man a real character that isn't just an amalgamation of every other character he's played in the past and he can do amazing things.

I was trying to figure out how to say that - that was better than I could have put it.

A lot of his best performances in recent memory have been in movies that he didn't headline (of what I've seen, The Good Shepherd springs most immediately to mind)...so he was given a character, not just a De Niro vehicle.