Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

You had to look close. Potsdam is a drinking school and Truman's friend in the movie was constantly bringing beers over. Granted it was more of an indirect reference but you really have to pay attention before you start complaining.

Very nice

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the movie Gladiator, but for the people I konw they think is the best "epic" movie ever. It was good entertainment but I wouldn't watch it everytime it's on the tube.

I like every horror movie I watch, love the genre, not matter how bad reviews it gets.

you like movies about gladiators?

http://youtu.be/i800jcY1Q7A

I liked the movie Gladiator, but for the people I konw they think is the best "epic" movie ever. It was good entertainment but I wouldn't watch it everytime it's on the tube.

I like every horror movie I watch, love the genre, not matter how bad reviews it gets.

I have to confess: I not only liked Signs, I think as something of a morality play on the themes of faith and predestination and the idea that "everything happens for a reason", it's possibly one of Shamalamadingdong's best movies (with the possible exception of Unbreakable).

On the other hand, I think the Sixth Sense is one of the dumbest "great" movies ever put to film.

Oh...and as a simple tale about a man trying to get a decent cup of cappucino, Hudson Hawk is a cinematic gem. "Looks like you won't be attending that hat convention in July..."

I have to confess: I not only liked Signs, I think as something of a morality play on the themes of faith and predestination and the idea that "everything happens for a reason", it's possibly one of Shamalamadingdong's best movies (with the possible exception of Unbreakable).

Signs is my favorite M. Night movie, for the reason you cite. Great job using a strange story about aliens as a vehicle to a movie that's really about discovering faith.

On the other hand, I think the Sixth Sense is one of the dumbest "great" movies ever put to film.

Oh...and as a simple tale about a man trying to get a decent cup of cappucino, Hudson Hawk is a cinematic gem. "Looks like you won't be attending that hat convention in July..."

"Signs" was great as was "Unbreakable".

What I find interesting is that "Unbreakable" is when a lot of people began to turn on Shyamalan, saying that "Unbreakable" was stupid, ridiculous, far-fetched and completely unrealistic. Yet these were the same people that loved "The Sixth Sense".

So a guy who is exceptionally strong and comes off as super hero like is viewed as stupid, but a child that sees and communicates with dead people is acceptable? I have never understood the hate for "Unbreakable".

What I find interesting is that "Unbreakable" is when a lot of people began to turn on Shyamalan, saying that "Unbreakable" was stupid, ridiculous, far-fetched and completely unrealistic. Yet these were the same people that loved "The Sixth Sense".

So a guy who is exceptionally strong and comes off as super hero like is viewed as stupid, but a child that sees and communicates with dead people is acceptable? I have never understood the hate for "Unbreakable".

I liked Unbreakable too; something about that movie really pulls me in. SLJ was great.

But it's time to up the ante in this thread. I don't consider "Will Ferrell !@#$ing sucks" to be a bold statement, that's kinda like saying "I think the sun is hot". So here's an unpopular opinion: I never cared for Raging Bull.

I liked Unbreakable too; something about that movie really pulls me in. SLJ was great.

But it's time to up the ante in this thread. I don't consider "Will Ferrell !@#$ing sucks" to be a bold statement, that's kinda like saying "I think the sun is hot". So here's an unpopular opinion: I never cared for Raging Bull.

I thought Raging Bull was pretty boring. Also, Taxi Driver. Such a long build up, and for what? The jacket reads "psychotic cabbie goes on killing spree". He only kills like 4 people. 4 people is not a killing spree. Thats just a bad day.

Whoever the !@#$ watches Shyamalan movies for the realism should be permanently banned from watching movies.

Thank you! I do not get the Raging Bull love. I wanted to see it when it came out but didn't and I said it when we were back at school. To which one of the guys (who I would give no respect to their tastes) said "Why would you want to see that? It's just a bunch of dagos beating each other up."................I figured that was just another stupid thing said by this stupid person..............And, then a number of years later I finally got to see it on though the miracle of VHS. I was like holy cow - he was right

I was so unhappy with the movie that I had no desire to see Goodfellas when that came out probably 4 years after I saw RB. Why would I want to see another Deniro, Pecci, Scorcese film................I finally saw that many years later, and I thought it was one of the greatest films I had ever seen.

I said to another friend I think I have to go back and watch Raging Bull. I must not have "got it." He's a movie junkie and he said "No, that is so overrated. It was done in black and white, so right there it got a ton of points from the critics for that gimmick, etc."

I have disliked every Jennifer Anniston movie I have ever seen.

C'mon JR, that's the best you can do?

I have never seen "Raging Bull". I guess I should be cautious when I do eventually see it..

Now I will give an unpopular opinion: I didn't care for "Fargo".